San Diego cruises - summer

cpayne

Anyone know why there are no cruises out of San Diego over the summer to the Mexican Riveria? They appear to run through Apr/May and resume in the fall. There are cruises out of Los Angeles doing that itinerary during this time of year, but none out of SD that I can find.

Are those ships going to Alaska? Can't believe they would remove ALL ships from SD during this season?

Am I missing something?????

Yep, it is because they DO move all these ships to Alaska or other itineraries during the summer. For example, HAL runs the Statendam out of San Diego most of the winter, alternating between Mexican Riviera and RT to Hawaii, then moves here to Alaska or the Caribbean in the summer.

The Mexican Riviera is HOT and not very pleasant in the summer anyway. Transcanal trips (also popular out of San Diego in the winter) are even more miserable. You can get some year-around trips out of LA I think, but these are the shorter trips that often include Catalina and San Diego and Ensenada and not the Mexican Riviera.

Archived