Meet and Greet

Cruishappy@aol.com

Hullo northeast girl.

Yes it is a little awkward when others do not attend - imagine being there without a partner!

Now where in the north east do you live (or were born).? Jim was a "geordie", though over the years in the RAF he lost the accent. I was born in Wales, but lived in London then all over the place with Jim - in those days it ws very much have packing case will travel.

Now it is have suitcase will cruise.

When do you go on a cruise again?

Hi Jimsgirl,

I was born in Middlesbrough and have a twin sister. My hubby comes from Thornaby. We live in Billingham as my family have done for 50+ years.

We are about one hours drive away from Newcastle, we consider ourselves not to be geordies, although our accent is a little like them but not so broad.

I've just been looking at 2 possible trips one on QM2 and one on QV, will have to decide which because we cannot do both.

Catherine.

I've just been looking at 2 possible trips one on QM2 and one on QV, will have to decide which because we cannot do both.

Catherine.

Oh dear - looks like the Cunard virus has struck again :eek:

I thought I was recovering, but I had a serious relapse today - my bank account, suddenly, feels an awful lot lighter than it did yesterday :D

J

I thought I was recovering, but I had a serious relapse today - my bank account, suddenly, feels an awful lot lighter than it did yesterday :D

J

I was not sure what to expect of a crossing but I really enjoyed the whole thing. I've wanted to experience something like this for a long time and now that I have done it there is no stopping me.

No more beach holidays for me, give me a cruise every time. Everybody said I would either love it or hate it. I'm pleased to say I just love it, love it, love it.

Catherine

J

We know how you feel. We paid for ours yesterday:eek:

Still, at least Steve knows why he works all these bl**dy 12hr shifts!

Bless him:D

Sharon

I was not sure what to expect of a crossing but I really enjoyed the whole thing. I've wanted to experience something like this for a long time and now that I have done it there is no stopping me.

No more beach holidays for me, give me a cruise every time. Everybody said I would either love it or hate it. I'm pleased to say I just love it, love it, love it.

Catherine

We are the same now. Started with a TA as a 'one off'. Sound familiar?

We tried a beach holiday again in February & even though it was Barbados, it didn't compare to the pampering & glamour of Cunard!!

We are now trying 'proper' cruises, not just the TAs :D

We are the same now. Started with a TA as a 'one off'. Sound familiar?

We tried a beach holiday again in February & even though it was Barbados, it didn't compare to the pampering & glamour of Cunard!!

We are now trying 'proper' cruises, not just the TAs :D

Hi cinta,

You know how I'm feeling then, just want to get some thing booked asap. Does that sound mad. I'm going into work tomorrow to see what hols are available for next year.

I quite fancy QM2 Mediterranean Medley 19th Sept 12days, would give plenty of time to save up.

Catherine

I quite fancy QM2 Mediterranean Medley 19th Sept 12days, would give plenty of time to save up.

Catherine

Catherine, I don't think anyone has yet warned you about yet another cost involved in cruising, that of visiting fascinating places for a short time, leaving one needing a land-based holiday to investigate the area further.

So far, our consequential loss has amounted to a total of four weeks in Nice, and we've just booked two weeks in Venice...

Mary

I'm going into work tomorrow to see what hols are available for next year.

ROFLMAO. I like your style Catherine!

That is, by a country mile, the best reason for going to work that I've heard in a long long time. :D

For my own part I generally only go to work because it has ultrafast internet access, ideal for posting on Cruise Critic, searching for suitable cruises, and generally surfing around.

J

In the UK we have organised some get togethers on land which past passengers have attended. Of course as our cousins will be aware we are somewhat more compact geographically than them. People still travelled over 100 miles for lunch, and it was good fun.

Yes Jim, it was a great lunch, wasn't it, and well worth the 80 mile drive!

It's often the only time we get to meet up.

Bettie and I organized one in New York on a day where both QE2 and QM2 were in port, and over 45 attended (we stopped counting at 45) at the Sequoia Restaurant. We had a blast. Timing is everything, and so is advance notice.

Yes, ML, that certainly was some lunch! A great success and certainly a day to remember. Thank you again to you both.

Sadly- because when the ship does the arranging it does become an "party" , a real gathering. and is PRINTED in the Daily event schedule.

As a roll call - a passenger has to volunteer to do the arranging, name tags etc. Sadly because often although a meet may be agreed to on this board, NO ONE COMES. yes I have been to some excellent meets, but also have sat totally alone waiting for fellow CC passengers who never come, because not being in print they "forgot"

I am totally in favour of "not being herded" but it is a fact of life that even if it is in prit some passengers never read the schedule. I have been on cruises and heard "No one told me there was afternoon tea" (this on both Crystal and Cunard), I have even known people to miss out on shows because "No one told me" even when these are on the printed schedule

It seems that some passengers having travelled on lines that make constant announcements require Cunard to do the same.

We were once told that Cunard didn't want to become involved in organising anything and that it should be left to members of the Cruise Critic forum to organise and publicise their own meetings. They said that if they announced a Cruise Critic meeting in their daily programme, all and sundry would turn up thinking that this was the place to come and complain and criticise the ship!:eek:

ROFLMAO. I like your style Catherine!

That is, by a country mile, the best reason for going to work that I've heard in a long long time. :D

For my own part I generally only go to work because it has ultrafast internet access, ideal for posting on Cruise Critic, searching for suitable cruises, and generally surfing around.

J

Well i have to get my prioritise right, have been told not very busy in the morning so will have plenty of time to scan the holiday file.

We are blocked on so much of the internet, probably would not get on cruise critic. I know ebay is blocked at certain times of the day, not that I go on it.

You made me laugh when I saw your reply.

Catherine

Archived