Meet and Greet

Cruishappy@aol.com

Does the Cruise Critic have a meet and greet group that one may join? A great way to If so, what would the procedure be in joining? We will be on the QM2 on November 30th sailing out of New York. Looking forward to any responses.

Here is a link to your sailing:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=864255

Hi First of all thank you for your response. However the link that you referred me to is the roll call. What I am trying is to find out is whether the Cruise Critic has a Meet and Greeet Program. It is really a very nice program where when you sign up for it you are notified about a group gathering, introduce yourselve, and enjoy cocktails together. Hopefully some of our fellow cruisers are familiar with this snd if so, will post all the information on this board,

Hi First of all thank you for your response. However the link that you referred me to is the roll call. What I am trying is to find out is whether the Cruise Critic has a Meet and Greeet Program. It is really a very nice program where when you sign up for it you are notified about a group gathering, introduce yourselve, and enjoy cocktails together. Hopefully some of our fellow cruisers are familiar with this snd if so, will post all the information on this board,

The meet and greets are organized by the roll calls. Cruise Critic does not have the "official" meet and greets for Cunard. If you join in the roll call, you will find out if those on your sailing are having a get together.

On Celebrity, the ships staff arrange a meet and greet for CC members, and I think that is the meeting the original poster thought would happen.

Sadly Cunard do not, it is left to the group to do their own arranging., you can "meet " others prior to boarding on the roll call.

On Celebrity, the ships staff arrange a meet and greet for CC members, and I think that is the meeting the original poster thought would happen.

Sadly Cunard do not, it is left to the group to do their own arranging., you can "meet " others prior to boarding on the roll call.

Why "sadly"?

I would have thought that it simply means that Cunard passengers do not need to be herded.

Sadly- because when the ship does the arranging it does become an "party" , a real gathering. and is PRINTED in the Daily event schedule.

As a roll call - a passenger has to volunteer to do the arranging, name tags etc. Sadly because often although a meet may be agreed to on this board, NO ONE COMES. yes I have been to some excellent meets, but also have sat totally alone waiting for fellow CC passengers who never come, because not being in print they "forgot"

I am totally in favour of "not being herded" but it is a fact of life that even if it is in prit some passengers never read the schedule. I have been on cruises and heard "No one told me there was afternoon tea" (this on both Crystal and Cunard), I have even known people to miss out on shows because "No one told me" even when these are on the printed schedule

It seems that some passengers having travelled on lines that make constant announcements require Cunard to do the same.

Sadly- because when the ship does the arranging it does become an "party" , a real gathering. and is PRINTED in the Daily event schedule.

As a roll call - a passenger has to volunteer to do the arranging, name tags etc. Sadly because often although a meet may be agreed to on this board, NO ONE COMES. yes I have been to some excellent meets, but also have sat totally alone waiting for fellow CC passengers who never come, because not being in print they "forgot"

I am totally in favour of "not being herded" but it is a fact of life that even if it is in prit some passengers never read the schedule. I have been on cruises and heard "No one told me there was afternoon tea" (this on both Crystal and Cunard), I have even known people to miss out on shows because "No one told me" even when these are on the printed schedule

It seems that some passengers having travelled on lines that make constant announcements require Cunard to do the same.

We had over 50 people at our self-organized meet and greet on QM2 in January--it is really not that much work and is surely worth the effort. For my sailing in 3 weeks on another line that doesn't have "organized CC" meet and greets, we now have over 90 people who have signed up and I expect the attendance will be at least 75% of the number signed up. All it takes is one good organizer in the group.

Sorry to intrude Bettie, just wanted to say have a great time on your next sailing.

Thanks Kate! You have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise. I don't have anything booked on Cunard until Aug '10 but am thinking about changing it to an earlier date! :) The one in 3 weeks is my first time on Princess.

Jimsgirl, we have just had a similar experience. We arranged to meet fellow roll callers and there was just myself, hubby and another couple turned up.

I'm pleased to say the couple we met were very nice and we enjoyed meeting them from time to time on our trip.

It was really awkward at first because there was a few people at the meeting place and we were looking around and luckily the other couple introduced themselves. Whether any other had come and did not know what to do we will never know.

I think an official meeting arranged by cunard would be great.

Hullo northeast girl.

Yes it is a little awkward when others do not attend - imagine being there without a partner!

Now where in the north east do you live (or were born).? Jim was a "geordie", though over the years in the RAF he lost the accent. I was born in Wales, but lived in London then all over the place with Jim - in those days it ws very much have packing case will travel.

Now it is have suitcase will cruise.

When do you go on a cruise again?

In the UK we have organised some get togethers on land which past passengers have attended. Of course as our cousins will be aware we are somewhat more compact geographically than them. People still travelled over 100 miles for lunch, and it was good fun.

Bettie and I organized one in New York on a day where both QE2 and QM2 were in port, and over 45 attended (we stopped counting at 45) at the Sequoia Restaurant. We had a blast. Timing is everything, and so is advance notice.

Bettie and I organized one in New York on a day where both QE2 and QM2 were in port, and over 45 attended (we stopped counting at 45) at the Sequoia Restaurant. We had a blast. Timing is everything, and so is advance notice.

Yep, and we had more than 45 at the onboard M&G in January on QM2. All it takes, as I said before, is someone to get it well organized (and the fear of Bossy Bettie;)) to get them to show up!

Yep, and we had more than 45 at the onboard M&G in January on QM2. All it takes, as I said before, is someone to get it well organized (and the fear of Bossy Bettie;)) to get them to show up!

No this was a CC meeting in the Commodore Club, we are discussing onshore meetings rather than those held during a voyage, I think

No this was a CC meeting in the Commodore Club, we are discussing onshore meetings rather than those held during a voyage, I think

Thanks Capn but the original poster was talking about onboard M&G. NomdePlume and I did organize the meet at the Sequoia in Oct '08 and also the one onboard QM2 in Jan '09. I think!!! or is that a question requiring a yes or no?;)

Confused in VA:)

The meet and greet for the tandem crossing last year was held at South Street Seaport.

A most charming location and an onshore event that was extremely well organised and thoroughly enjoyed by all of us who were there.

Jackie :)

The meet and greet for the tandem crossing last year was held at South Street Seaport.

A most charming location and an onshore event that was extremely well organised and thoroughly enjoyed by all of us who were there.

Thank you Jackie--very kind of you.

Thank you Jackie. It really was great to put faces with names and I was delighted that it was so well attended. :)

Archived