Have you guys calmed down?

nderoche

So you can either stay the course or cut and run.:D

I like that...Stay the course... and I think I will and thank you.

I guess I'll hang around for a couple of weeks because then I cruise agian.

Hope you all cruise soon also.

Nick

Nick & Julie! I met you at the Meet and Greet on the Pearl Alaska June 2009. We were the couple from Indiana. We are booked for the Bahamas 4 day Sky at Christmas. I see you've been on that ship too.

Hey wasn't that trip to Alaska special. Cruising out of Glacier Bay with the sun shining the whales blowing and the sea otters on their backs loafing.

After all the bad talk about the Sky we decided to do it anyway and had a wonderful time. If you get the chance try and find the Queens Staircase

in Nassau. It is unbelievable.

Have a great cruise.:D

Nick

Hey wasn't that trip to Alaska special. Cruising out of Glacier Bay with the sun shining the whales blowing and the sea otters on their backs loafing.

After all the bad talk about the Sky we decided to do it anyway and had a wonderful time. If you get the chance try and find the Queens Staircase

in Nassau. It is unbelievable.

Have a great cruise.:D

Nick

So, tell me more about the Sky. We are looking to book for late March. Is the water thingy working again by the Queen's Staircase? It was off last time we were there. What else did you do on the trip?

And to your original question - no - not everybody has calmed down, but I've had a bunch of really helpful people helping me plan this trip. :)

So, tell me more about the Sky. We are looking to book for late March. Is the water thingy working again by the Queen's Staircase? It was off last time we were there. What else did you do on the trip? :)

Even if the water thingy is not working it is still a great site....believe me.

We just got off the ship and walked around and it was neat. The view from the fort is great. Another thing I would not miss is Christ Church Cathedral. Read the plaques on the wall. Stunning!:eek:

The water was rough so we couldn't get off at NCl's island.

We will go back to Freeport/ Lucaya. Take a bus into Lucaya and jut walk around. We want to do the week inclusive at one of these places.

We walked to the end of the resorts and there is a little bar that has fresh Conch salad and with a cold beer...heaven. Julie says shops are great!! Like I said we will go back there. Were you dock in Freeport is a little industrial but Lucaya IMHO is wonderful. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.:D

Nick

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Sky. I am a bit hesitant since we loved the Pearl so much! I know we shouldn't expect it to be comparable. I have not made any plans for shore time on this cruise so tell me what this Queens Staircase is.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Sky. I am a bit hesitant since we loved the Pearl so much! I know we shouldn't expect it to be comparable. I have not made any plans for shore time on this cruise so tell me what this Queens Staircase is.

A pic is worth a thousand words. The QS is a limestone staircase and is quite spectacular IMHO.

As far as Sky vs Pearl you are right but it is really ok, IMHO (have to add that for the people that will not agree)

Enjoy...we did!!!

Nick

queen_st.jpg.17255b0186deb5be4f55ac72caa36284.jpg

After a breather from CC and a couple of cruises I decided

to give this another shot (bad word maybe).

So have we returned to civility or is this still cut and run?:eek:

Nick

Welcome back ... Not much has changed Im afraid .

Speaking of the SKY , I just wish they would have her do longer sailings.. ;)

There used to be a wonderful thread in the ports of calls area with pictures of a free walking tour of Nassau, but the pictures don't work any more. After a little research, I found the CC members web site and the pictures are still there http://www.zydecocruiser.com/nassau_walking_apr_2006.htm .

We went to the little library. We had to leave our back packs at the front desk, but there wasn't anything expensive in them (water bottles) so it wasn't a problem. They had some nice history exhibits and a nice view out the upper story windows.

Nick

Sir, in the education system they would be called bullies. Cut and run , no way!

Nick

I find that I'm using that little "ignore this poster" button more often..... I'm not a cut and run kind of person, so I just use filters (those on this site and the ones in my own brain) to get through and around the "junk".

Welcome back ... Not much has changed Im afraid .

Speaking of the SKY , I just wish they would have her do longer sailings.. ;)

I'm mostly a lurker and reader, but this board seems to have more piranha than helpers, and only got worse when the posting experts seemed to disappear.

I wish they'd return. I read more misinformation here these days.

I have been much calmer since I discovered the judicious use of "ignore".

It finally dawned on me that frankly I just don't give much of a d* about what a bunch of unhappy negative trolls think.

I still respond to the occasional one-off but once the trolling pattern is established, I just use ignore.

Sort of like the 'complaint of the day' we're seeing from one poster on this board? ;)

I have been much calmer since I discovered the judicious use of "ignore".

It finally dawned on me that frankly I just don't give much of a d* about what a bunch of unhappy negative trolls think.

I still respond to the occasional one-off but once the trolling pattern is established, I just use ignore.

Sort of like the 'complaint of the day' we're seeing from one poster on this board? ;)

Basically - I mean why bother?

BTW Monte my PCC just got me an largish reduction - so thanks for the recommendation!

I am a happy camper.

Remember this board is called Cruise CRITIC

Not "Cruise Whiner Over Trivia" or "Cruise critic of Fellow Cruisers Misdemeanors" (sp?) or

"Hysterical Cruise Ranter" - Unfortunately all of these "critics" regularly appear and offer little that is helpful or interesting to ME. Of course they can rant away if they want to but lately I choose to mostly ignore them - since I prefer useful reviews and comments.

Personally I like a good thoughtful, detailed review even when it is negative. I have obtained some good info from negative reviews.

However I suppose there are people who enjoy a good rant or whine. Sometimes the entertainment value makes them worth reading.

Archived