HELP!!! How bad did I screw up?

mrstay

I put a courtesy hold on a cruise yesterday for March I believe. I then cancelled it this morning. I have been waiting for the WOW sale. I thought I would put a hold on the cabin and then get the cabin when it went on sale. Now I am assuming that since it actually had a reservation number, which I didn't realize it would (thought it wouldn't until I deposited), that I will not qualify for a WOW sale 1/2 deposit or the OBC? Am I right? I cancelled it this morning. My main problem is that I do not remember which sailing I booked it for and I cannot find anything that tells me which one, since it is cancelled. Any thoughts?

Also, do you think that I could book tomorrow under my husband's name, since I only put his name and not his C & A number on the previous reservation?

HELP!!!!!!!!!

WOW sales are NEW BOOKINGS ONLY, so anything you had on hold or purchased would not qualify for the new rates, so I don't think you made a mistake.

Sorry you can't remember what you held and then canceled. Maybe you can search cruises and something will jog your memory as to what it was.

I understand what you were trying to do. I've done that before where I place holds on cabins so they don't get sold, and then once I'm ready I cancel my hold and place as a new booking.

You should have received email confirmations for the courtesy hold. Does the email not give any details? I can't recall. If not, try calling customer service and ask them what the details of the sailing were on the booking that is now cancelled. Maybe they still have it in their system.

Good luck!

I understand what you were trying to do. I've done that before where I place holds on cabins so they don't get sold, and then once I'm ready I cancel my hold and place as a new booking.

You should have received email confirmations for the courtesy hold. Does the email not give any details? I can't recall. If not, try calling customer service and ask them what the details of the sailing were on the booking that is now cancelled. Maybe they still have it in their system.

Good luck!

Thanks called them and it was for a cruise in Jan. So I am SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Tammy that should work - we will be booking 2 cabins tomorrow on the Jewel for Feb/2011 on the Jewel - one in my name and one in hubby's name - then down the road, if our cousins or son and wife decide to go, our TA will put the females together and the males together and then when we go on board :)

Archived