WOW - What a disappointment!

the "sale" has drawn some criticism here on the boards over the past week or two

Goodness - It draws complaints and criticisms every time they have one. It is strange - people will start posting a few weeks before asking about it - then it come around and everyone is complaining. (so I should be surprised everyone is complaining?)

Yes it does make one think. For a newbie to Royal Caribbean you certainly have them pegged. The President of RCI gets away with calling cutbacks to the RCI Crown and Anchor Loyalty Program "New and Enhanced Improvements". He even puts it in writing.

And yes, I agree with you, that is lousy business practice.

Colleen

Yes, and it is the same practice used by every manufacturer in the country. Go down the cereal aisle, canned goods aisle, prepared foods aisle and you will see box after box and can after can advertising great new formulary etc. The only real difference - the box is smaller and lighter.

Umm, i just checked right now, and it shows E2 balconys for $649. Wow sale is still going. So what up???

Price changes - I noticed on my upcoming Majesty cruise a deck 7 OV for $179 per person. New bookings only. An audible groan was heard. But, we just had an $80 drop per person a couple of weeks ago, so it wasn't too loud a groan. ;)

Yes, and it is the same practice used by every manufacturer in the country. Go down the cereal aisle, canned goods aisle, prepared foods aisle and you will see box after box and can after can advertising great new formulary etc. The only real difference - the box is smaller and lighter.

Well fortunately not every company that is in business today uses lousy business practices and deceptive advertising. There are many successful companies who are run by honorable folks and do not do that. Is your point that because there are so many who do engage in lousy business practices and deceptive advertising that it becomes okay for RCI to do this? I guess I am not sure of the point you were trying to make.

Colleen

Well fortunately not every company that is in business today uses lousy business practices and deceptive advertising. There are many successful companies who are run by honorable folks and do not do that. Is your point that because there are so many who do engage in lousy business practices and deceptive advertising that it becomes okay for RCI to do this? I guess I am not sure of the point you were trying to make.

Colleen

You must rarely enter a grocery store or any other retail establishments. Anytime I see the words "New and Improved" I know I'm going to be paying more for less product. ;)

You must rarely enter a grocery store or any other retail establishments. Anytime I see the words "New and Improved" I know I'm going to be paying more for less product. ;)

I guess you didn't understand my question. And no, of course I rarely enter a grocery store or a retail establishment as I just send my personal shoppers or assistants to do the shopping for me. LOL!

And yes, just like I posted ,the "New and Enhanced" cutbacks of the RCI C&A Program is similar to what you are talking about.

Colleen

This is the first cruise my husband I will be taking to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I've been on a 2 day Pacific Northwest cruise on HAL and loved it so much decided we needed a cruise!! We are going on a shoestring budget, so WOW sale was a blessing for me. And for 469.00 pp inside stateroom for 7 day Alaska cruise I'm not going to complain one bit! And that 100.00 OBC is going to come in awfully handy for drinks! Now all I have to do is come up with nearly free shore excursions and we'll be set!

I guess you didn't understand my question. And no, of course I rarely enter a grocery store or a retail establishment as I just send my personal shoppers or assistants to do the shopping for me. LOL!

And yes, just like I posted ,the "New and Enhanced" cutbacks of the RCI C&A Program is similar to what you are talking about.

Colleen

You forgot the emoticon.

This is the first cruise my husband I will be taking to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I've been on a 2 day Pacific Northwest cruise on HAL and loved it so much decided we needed a cruise!! We are going on a shoestring budget, so WOW sale was a blessing for me. And for 469.00 pp inside stateroom for 7 day Alaska cruise I'm not going to complain one bit! And that 100.00 OBC is going to come in awfully handy for drinks! Now all I have to do is come up with nearly free shore excursions and we'll be set!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You did get a very good price. With the economy the way it is, there are certainly bargains to be had.

Are you by any chance going on the Serenade of the Seas? We sailed her in Alaska in May 2007. Loved it!

Check out the Ports of Call Boards on CC for your ports. You will get all kinds of ideas for free and lower cost excursions.

Colleen

Interesting . . . there is another thread currently going on which many people are complaining about the quality of the food on RCCL ships. At $529 for 7 days are the pax passing the hat to pay for gas???

With gas prices in California, who knows:D!

Can I hope, pray or expect this rate to get any lower....just asking:D

The true cost of this trip will be measured in vacation time used, so I am hoping it goes well. I would like a nice meal with wonderful tablemates at traditional dining.

Are you by any chance going on the Serenade of the Seas? We sailed her in Alaska in May 2007. Loved it!

Oops, missed that question! We're sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas. We're in tiny little stateroom 3501, but at least it stands alone and we won't be in there much anyway.

Oops, missed that question! We're sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas. We're in tiny little stateroom 3501, but at least it stands alone and we won't be in there much anyway.

The Rhapsody is an old favorite of ours. We sailed her out of Galveston in March 2003 and March 2004. She is known for her wonderful crew and her hospitality. You are right, you are really not in your cabin much, sleep, shower, etc. But those little rooms can be cozy as well. The Rhapsody is a lovely Ship, and Alaska is beautiful, you will have a great time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Colleen

Archived