Price drop during school vacation week - yahoo!

We are only able to cruise during school vacation weeks. As such, I never seem to catch much of a break when it comes to pricing. We generally book 1 year in advance and I only see those prices go higher as our cruise date approaches. Today I decided to just check it out and imagine my surprise to find a price drop during the February break!

2/14/10 6 night on IOS - have connecting oceanviews and price dropped by $300 per room...wow! A savings of $600 and a first for us - yahoo! Just goes to show that even during the historically busiest weeks, it still pays to look for those drops!

That is awesome! Good for you! We are hoping for the same thing for our NOS 5 nighter leaving Feb 13. Have been checking and so far we have had a residency drop, and the ship is less than 60% full by what we can see on that site. I have my fingers crossed we get another drop :)

I have never heard of a February break from school...

Some schools in California have President's week off but not your typical holiday break, like Spring Break. Most schools get a 2-3 day break. Some extra days for the entire week. If you have it off it a goos week to catch deals.

We are only able to cruise during school vacation weeks. As such, I never seem to catch much of a break when it comes to pricing. We generally book 1 year in advance and I only see those prices go higher as our cruise date approaches. Today I decided to just check it out and imagine my surprise to find a price drop during the February break!

2/14/10 6 night on IOS - have connecting oceanviews and price dropped by $300 per room...wow! A savings of $600 and a first for us - yahoo! Just goes to show that even during the historically busiest weeks, it still pays to look for those drops!

We just got a $1000/pp price drop on our GS and $500/pp on our D1 last week for our 8 night Easter Week sailing on Indy.....bookings are obviously WAY down and the addition of Oasis with room for another 6K passengers is not helping....but heck....I am not complaining:D

On a side note I went to Busch Gardens here in Tampa this past weekend and never saw it so empty:eek:and on a perfect day.....Disney is also struggling as they just re-announced their buy 4 get 7 nights deal along with kids under 17 sail free....don't listen to those that say bookings are better than ever and travel is booming....I look at the prof of what I see happening right in front of me.....and it's ugly:(

BTW....make sure to check your C&A savings certificates as there is one out there for that sailing;)

School isn the Northeast have Presidents week off, usually Disney and Eastern cruises raise prices for that week. It is NOT usually a week to get any discounts, for our Feb cruise we already have a Residency discount, now we are hoping for a price drop.

Yes, here in NE have President's Day and Patriot's Day (Boston Marathon) week off. We are on the LOS for the April vacation and I don't think we will see any price drops as FOS is going into drydock that same week. But hey, I keep looking, you never know.

Lucky you - we are on the Liberty of the Seas during April school vacation and I don't expect a drop - the Freedom of the Seas is in dry dock that week, so there aren't too many options.

Did you pay a fortune for air?

Did you pay a fortune for air?

I actually got a decent rate for the outbound on Southwest ($129 pp), but return flight was definitely high ($313/pp). I ended up booking the return on Southwest because it was the same as any other carrier and it is refundable (:eek: I've never had to book that type of ticket on SW). Puts RT air at $450/pp which is about double what I normally pay. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a lower price on another carrier, but doubt I'll have much luck.

That price drop definitely helped to offset the air!

I actually got a decent rate for the outbound on Southwest ($129 pp), but return flight was definitely high ($313/pp). I ended up booking the return on Southwest because it was the same as any other carrier and it is refundable (:eek: I've never had to book that type of ticket on SW). Puts RT air at $450/pp which is about double what I normally pay. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a lower price on another carrier, but doubt I'll have much luck.

That price drop definitely helped to offset the air!

WOW-I thought about the WDW 7 for 4 deal, but airfare is outrageous. Let me tell you, we went to Disney in Florida in December, wall to wall people, we just returned from Disneyland in Anaheim, as well as San Diego and everywhere we went it was wall to wall people. Even airlines were packed. The economy doesnt seem affected anywhere I have been, that is for sure. I have also never been able to take advantage of any "deals" either.

Archived