Baja Mexico Weather November

trvljill

I am thinking of going on the Carnival Elation out of San Diego for the three day cruise to Ensenada leaving on the 20th of November or first week of December. I am just curious about the weather on these trips. Will it be fairly cool in the sense of needing a light hoodie or long sleeved shirt while outside and pants or is it warm enough for just a regular t-shirt. If you've been on a cruise around this time were many people in the pools or not so much. Never been on a cruise this time of year so just curious what type of clothing I'd need to pack. Thanks for the help.

I would definitely pack a warmer layer of clothing. Not sure what part of California you're from, but the southern part can get into the 50s during the day. Unless the Santa Anas are blowing. Warmer weather doesn't start happening until one get to the Cabo point for any Mexican Riviera cruises. North of there and you can find it chilly, and perhaps rainy.

we have been in Dec and Oct and while we did have our fair share of warmer days we took sweaters as well and are glad we did. The days on the ship are a little cooler as well...overall though the weather is comfy...no more than a sweater when we have been there

Since weather is so unpredictable, take clothing you can layer if you need to. This morning the low in SanDiego was 49degrees with more of the same forecast for tomorrow. By noon or 1pm it was 70. But by the same token, had a SantaAna wind been blowing it could have been in the high 90s.:)

Did this last year on the Elation, leaving the Saturday after Thanksgiving from San Diego. It was a 5 night cruise to Cabo and Ensenada.

Weather on the ship in the day and in Ensenada was fine, I wore short sleeve shirts and capri pants. After dark on the ship it cooled off and I needed a sweater. The weather was similar to what we were having in SoCal. Our cruise also went to Cabo and it was warmer there.

The weather was fine to sit by the pool in a swimsuit. The problem was the pool water was cold, too cold for me to stay in long. People were in the pool though. Hot tubs were busy.

We had a great time and the weather was no issue.

Jen in SoCal

I am thinking of going on the Carnival Elation out of San Diego for the three day cruise to Ensenada leaving on the 20th of November or first week of December. I am just curious about the weather on these trips. Will it be fairly cool in the sense of needing a light hoodie or long sleeved shirt while outside and pants or is it warm enough for just a regular t-shirt. If you've been on a cruise around this time were many people in the pools or not so much. Never been on a cruise this time of year so just curious what type of clothing I'd need to pack. Thanks for the help.

Archived