Child photo id?

TortieGal

My search terms are coming up empty so hopefully someone can chime in!

We found a great deal for a 3 day to Ensenada and would like to take my niece with us. She is 4 and obviously doesn't have any photo id. Unfortunately, it would be an extremely tight timeframe to get her a passport, even on an expedited basis.

Is her birth certificate all that will be needed? Her mom may or not be joining us so I know we would then also need to have something from her saying we can take her out of the country.

Thanks in advance!!

My search terms are coming up empty so hopefully someone can chime in!

We found a great deal for a 3 day to Ensenada and would like to take my niece with us. She is 4 and obviously doesn't have any photo id. Unfortunately, it would be an extremely tight timeframe to get her a passport, even on an expedited basis.

Is her birth certificate all that will be needed? Her mom may or not be joining us so I know we would then also need to have something from her saying we can take her out of the country.

Thanks in advance!!

Birth cert is enough...

Though you may or may not be asked:

You will need a notarized letter signed by both parents in order to take her out of the country/into Mexico unless one parent has sole legal custody or is the only parent on the birth certificate. If one parent has sole legal custody but is not the only parent on teh birth certificate, you will also need a copy of the court order indicating as much. It's also a good idea to ensure authorization for any emergency medical/dental care in the letter as well.

From Carnival's website:

Children are also required to bring proof of citizenship, and if 16 and over, a photo ID is also required.

Since she is 4, there is no photo ID required.

I also believe that Carnival has a permission form that you need to fill out if you are taking her without her parents, but I can't find it offhand, so I would call Carnival about that.

Archived