Who has booked the WOW sale?

glo1196

Yep, we're booked for Mariner in October 2010. Only 369 days to go!:rolleyes:

I had figured we'd need to book soon to get a 4-person inside cabin for our kids across the hall from a balcony cabin for us. The sale came at a perfect time for us -- DH just got a quarterly bonus that I shanghai'ed our reduced deposit from.

I only waited on hold about 30 seconds this morning about 8:45 Pacific time -- very surprised. The RCI person said they'd been busy early but had slackened up.

PHXscuba

We booked Grandeur today for Feb 11. Got a great price on the guarantee stateroom - I don't mind taking that risk - saving us about $300 over pricing from yesterday. Loved getting the 50% deposit and booking through travel agent doubled our onboard credit!

I will be a first time cruiser if I go through with it. Seemed I really did not know the ropes. We had booked a few days before the WOW sale so I missed out. The Royal Caribbean told me I had to book a different date to get the deal which I can't really do so I'm sort of bummed out.:mad:

I have just read a few of your comments. My husband and I are both Diamond and booked a D1 on the Jewel. Because we have our diamond discount, the other offerings did not apply. Is this true? We had to pay full price for the deposit per person and ineligible for the OBC as you cannot combine. For those who scored are you not Diamond? Or did not book a balcony?

Newbie WOW sale question:

What should the 'reduced' deposit be on a cruise that totals about $3,000? Or, I guess it's better to ask, how is the 'usual' deposit calculated?

I looked and looked on their website and (probably because I was tired) just couldnt find where it should tell me the usual cost for deposit. But, in trying to book the above mentioned cruise, the on-line booking asked for a $1,000 deposit - seemed steep for 'reduced'....does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!

Janet, we are D+ and booked during the WOW sale, took our D discount instead of OBC and did pay the 1/2 deposit. The representative did initially ask for the full deposit but I told her that no, we wanted to do the 1/2 deposit and she said fine.

Gigi, the amount of the fare should not make a difference, it's the number of days of your cruise. For example we are on an 11 nite cruise and that deposit was $900 for two. Usually though, if it's a 7 day cruise, the regular deposit is $500, $250pp. With the WOW sale, the deposit would be $250, or $125pp. You should call RCI and they will explain to you.

Just wondering who has booked the sale? Did you get the sailing you wanted and the cabin you wanted? Let us know!!!! :)

Have not booked a WOW sale sailing before. I do know that a week or two ago when they had a huge WOW sale that there was about $400 total price drop on D1 cabins for my upcoming Adventure sailing. I know the rules and they won't give the price drop if your already booked but I called any way cause you never know who may help you out but they still would not give it to me. The prices on some sailings are great though.

I have just read a few of your comments. My husband and I are both Diamond and booked a D1 on the Jewel. Because we have our diamond discount, the other offerings did not apply. Is this true? We had to pay full price for the deposit per person and ineligible for the OBC as you cannot combine. For those who scored are you not Diamond? Or did not book a balcony?

We used WOW sale to book a balcony. No problem at all.

Newbie WOW sale question:

What should the 'reduced' deposit be on a cruise that totals about $3,000? Or, I guess it's better to ask, how is the 'usual' deposit calculated?

I looked and looked on their website and (probably because I was tired) just couldnt find where it should tell me the usual cost for deposit. But, in trying to book the above mentioned cruise, the on-line booking asked for a $1,000 deposit - seemed steep for 'reduced'....does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!

Deposits are based on the number of people and length of cruise. A seven day cruise is usually $250 per person. With the WOW sale the deposits are only $125 per person. We had a reduced deposit for 3 of $375 vs. normally $750. WOW also includes onboard credit, also dependent upon the length of the cruise.

Thank you both - ours is a 7 nt for 4 people - so that means the $1,000 deposit should be $500, if I'm reading this correctly. Great....guess, I will have to call them which I was hoping to avoid (the beauty on on-line reservations for me is the 'quick and easy' - and NO phone aspect - lol, can never win...)

Thanks again!

Thank you both - ours is a 7 nt for 4 people - so that means the $1,000 deposit should be $500, if I'm reading this correctly. Great....guess, I will have to call them which I was hoping to avoid (the beauty on on-line reservations for me is the 'quick and easy' - and NO phone aspect - lol, can never win...)

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

You are correct. However, I think there were a few specific cruises (Oasis during a certain period for example) that were excluded from the WOW sale, so if you chose one of those cruises then the bennies won't apply. Give them a call to make sure.

Just received confirmation from TA we got 9/11/2010 sailing on Oasis of the Seas! Family of 5 (3 kids, hubby, me) and a nurse for one of the kids. 2 cabins - one inside accessible and one balcony across the hall.

Hubby and I are doing 4 night first sailing 12/1/09 adn bringing the kids back for full week next year!

Yippee!!

After just coming back from a Monarch cruise to the Bahamas 2 weeks ago, decided that I wanted to do it again with my mom and sister! Booked a dirt cheap Monarch sailing on Feb 26 with two connecting oceanview rooms for a little over $700! Love birthday cruises! (and the $100 OBC will aid in the birthday drinks!) :D

Archived