thompson spirit 23rd october

Hi Everybody, is anyone going on the last cruise this year on the spirit jewels of the med 23rd oct starting in palma lol weeeehaaaaa:)

Wish I was ! I was planning on going on the 23rd but we went a bit earlier. Its a great cruise, and the atmosphere on board should be fantastic.

When we went on it a few years back they had a big staff party out on the lido deck to say thanks for all the hard work they did during the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - me and Hubby are going - our first time cruising and 15 years since we went away without our daughter! I'm a bit nervous about the latter!

Really looking forward to not cooking for a week. We're flying in from Manchester (04.00 check-in) - our 16 year old daughter is going to the USA with school and we have to drop her outside school at 02.30! I'm thinking that my exploration of Palma will be brief due to extreme fatigue but maybe I'll get a second wind!

We'll probably do our own thing mostly. Trying to decide whether to do Pompeii or explore Naples. Olbia sounds a bit boring unless you get out of it so we may that day do an excursion. Been to Barcelona before - loved it - easy to get around. I've packed my trainers to do a bit of exercise - combat the calorific onslaught.

See you there.

Hi,

Have done a lot of research on destinations and we are also planning on doing everything we can ourselves. As you say, Olbia looks pretty unadventurous so we were thinking of going on the old train excursion. Maybe see you there.

All packed. Feeling excited but very tired due to little sleep last night - my mind always spins when we are going away. Printed off loads of info from this thread - really useful. The weather forecast is good until Monday after that I don't know. Looked on Youtube at some of the Spirit videos - some of them looked a bit Hi-de-Hi. We all got food poisoning in a Spanish hotel 2 years ago and since then I have avoided buffet food - I'm sure the hygiene standards are excellent on these ships. :confused: How will I know if I've been poisoned or I am seasick - will I care?

Gonna have fish and chips for tea and get an early night. Would have liked to see Question Time but will record it instead.

See y'all aboard me hearties.

Hi Buzzfare,

There are 4 in my group and we will be joining the Spirit on 23rd October from Palma. It is our first cruise and we are looking forward to it immensely. Any tips for us novices?

See you aboard maybe.

Hi buzz we have just got back from 2 fantastic seeks on the spirit. we was on the promenade deck in a delux cabin ...well impressed with cabin it was very spacious, clean and bright , well lit ,nice bathroom. Food....its available 24/7.. with tons of choice... and so nice. The promendade had loads of chairs and sunbeds with cushions and there is a lot of blankets also left for them that feel a breeze. The waiters everywhere are just so nice and will remember your name after just one time, The enterainment is brill and the entertaiment staff (ive met on other thompson ships) are so good I just know you will love all the shows. The Captains Gala night is all good fun, just nice to get the ol glad rags on haha ,, you get a free drink and nibbles are served also, I would say as norm the pics are pricey ..ifffff you choose to buy them all cos trust me everytime you turn round they are taking photos lolol. As for when you arrive in the diff countrys dont book all the trips, its fun to explore on your own..( and cheaper) we found that within mins of leaving the ship there was open top bus so we could see lots of things for a cheap price.. At the destination desk ( in the shop mall) every night they leave the "how to explore on your own" sheet for the next days port of call.... and my own little tip for you ladies try there irish coffee twist with a dash of baileys on it..its yummy... have the best of times i know you will.

Archived