Onboard credit - early saver refund

scorpiosport

I paid for a cruise for me and a friend. I recently received a $70 per person discount using the early saver price protection claim form. Is this discount/onboard credit going to automatically be split between my sail and sign card AND hers or is there a way that I can get the entire $140 onboard credit put onto my sail and sign card only?

Your should call Carnival to find out that question. Dont you want to give your friend their share of the savings?

I think this person paid for the cruise for both individuals. I think he wants the $ to go to him which I would agree if he paid for both.

I don't believe they can do it ahead of time, but I think if you make the friend aware you can have the credit moved to your account. However they do vary in what they do - in the past I had three of us with an OBC given for a price drop and the entire credit went on mine (they make the assumption all parties will use the same credit card for S&S account). I knew the credit amount and had guest relations switch the credit once we were on board.

I also treated my sister to a cruise & ended up with a large OBC. My PVP said it would be split between our accounts. I was prepared to deal with that since it was like practically found money anyway, but it all was put on my account. I did visit the Purser & have a bit put on her account just 'cause I'm such a nice sister.

Op when you got your OBC did you have to fight to get it or was it really as easy as submitting the early saver form? I'm asking because my cruise that's leaving in less than 10 days went down significantly on Sunday. Of course my TA wasn't there at that hour/day. He submitted the form for me Monday morning and said we probably won't hear anything until Friday. The cruise is now showing no cabins available even though there were several in my category on Monday until right after lunch.

I'm excited to get the benefit of this program but I am curious to see if Carnival really does hand out the OBC as easily as they suggest when using this program?

Congrats on the OBC :)

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I paid for her cruise as a gift to her so I would like the on board credit to use for on board purchases.

Upstatecruizer: It was not difficult at all to obtain the on board credit. I filled out the request form on Friday in the late afternoon. When I returned to work Monday morning at 8 am., I had an email confirmation from Carnival stating that the credit had been added to my account.

I paid for a cruise for me and a friend. I recently received a $70 per person discount using the early saver price protection claim form. Is this discount/onboard credit going to automatically be split between my sail and sign card AND hers or is there a way that I can get the entire $140 onboard credit put onto my sail and sign card only?

This jus happened to us last week on the Conquest. It goes all to one account. We had to go down to pursers desk to get it split up.

Betty - Technically the fare has to be available at the time the ES form is submitted. I hope that yours was, because then they should definitely honor it even if nothing is available now. I got a denial on one of my submissions, but was able to appeal successfully. Good luck to you!

Archived