Special Diet

Panhandle52

Can anyone please help? We my wife and i are booked on eclipse in September 2010, this will be our first cruise on Celebrity. She has just been diagnosed as DAIRY INTOLERANT, can anyone advise as to how Celebrity deal with this dietry condition and what the menues would be like, also how would we go about ordering meals. Thank you all in advance.:rolleyes:

Hi,

You need to let Celebrity know as soon as possible about your dietary requirements.

I haven't been with Celebrity yet but other cruise lines have all been excellent with my diet (gluten free). I get the menu for MDR the night before and choose what I would like, they then try to make it for me. They do let me know when I cant have something but I always get a lovely meal. If I go to a Specialty restaurant I go the night before to choose my meal. I havent tried anytime dining so I am not sure how this would work.

I am sure Celebrity will do all they can to help you have a wonderful holiday :)

While you'll do just fine in the main dining room, it will totally be up to your wife to handle dining in the buffet. We've learned that many who work the buffet cannot speak good English and they do not understand questions pertaining to how their food is prepared. You need to contact Celebrity's special services department and tell them of her dietary restrictions.

I have food allergies and have been very happy with Celebrity's food program.

Here is a link to the info on X's website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000FK0EvVNE0Inz1CFe8MiEKnZ:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Special+Needs%2C+Medical%2FPhysical&faqId=596&pagename=faq_answers

Send an e-mail to:

special_needs@celebrity.com

Include the sailing date, booking # and your wife's food issues. That first night, speak to the waiter, assistant waiter & head waiter. When I've written to Special Needs our servers always way my info in advance. Since I can croak if I get the wrong food, I'm very obsessive about talking to everyone, but I suspect you'll have a pretty easy time of it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I also have a very restrictive diet, and as one of the first posters indicated, the head waiter comes over every evening to discuss what I want from the next evening's menu. There is no difficulty doing this in anytime dining.

What one should realize is that if the menu for the next evening has nothing which is suitable, I suggest something else (vegetable curry, spaghetti with vegetable sauce, etc) and they are happy to make it. I frequently suggest something I have seen in one of the lunch buffets which would appeal to me.

Bill

Thank you to all that have replied. We have spoke to Celebrity and no problm to meet our needs. My wife is more relaxed now. It will take a while to adjust to the new diet but we have 12 months to get it right. Once again thank you all.:)

Archived