Galley Tour on Equinox?

JBINTOR

We sail on the Equinox on February 5th. Do they offer galley tours? And if so, how do you book them?? Prior to cruising through Captains Club?

I'd appreciate any info that is provided.

I've attached an Equinox daily newsletter from our cruise last month. On page 2, they have an announcement of the Galley Tour (I think this is what you're referring to).

We just showed up but if you want to make sure, you can check at the Captains Club and I'm sure they can reconfirm or make arrangements for you once you're on board.

I've attached an Equinox daily newsletter from our cruise last month. On page 2, they have an announcement of the Galley Tour (I think this is what you're referring to).

We just showed up but if you want to make sure, you can check at the Captains Club and I'm sure they can reconfirm or make arrangements for you once you're on board.

Sounds Interesting! We'll make plans for that tour!

Keep in mind you need to be Captains Club Elite for this.

This is one thing that I dislike about Celebrity (and we will be on them again in 2010). You have to be "Elite" to go on the galley tour. On HAL everyone is invited (its the same on the smaller ships and luxury lines as well). All the past passengers I have spoken to have no interest as they have been before and many on the same ship. We asked because my DH is a Chef and they would not make an exception (and I want to note that we were in CC class but received no special invitations to anything and this would have been nice).

Fortunately HAL's new Mariner program (loyalty program) did not take away the back stage tours for all the guests. The same goes to formal "Royal Dutch Tea" where everyone is invited but on Celebrity you must be Elite (for many people that's on their 11th cruise). On Century last year they had 18 people having tea in the huge dining room one afternoon and everyone else's only option was to go get tea at the buffet line.

This is one thing that I dislike about Celebrity (and we will be on them again in 2010). You have to be "Elite" to go on the galley tour. On HAL everyone is invited (its the same on the smaller ships and luxury lines as well). All the past passengers I have spoken to have no interest as they have been before and many on the same ship. We asked because my DH is a Chef and they would not make an exception (and I want to note that we were in CC class but received no special invitations to anything and this would have been nice).

Fortunately HAL's new Mariner program (loyalty program) did not take away the back stage tours for all the guests. The same goes to formal "Royal Dutch Tea" where everyone is invited but on Celebrity you must be Elite (for many people that's on their 11th cruise). On Century last year they had 18 people having tea in the huge dining room one afternoon and everyone else's only option was to go get tea at the buffet line.

This is actually a pretty new thing from Celebrity. Been on Celebrity, Princess and RCCL multiple times (once on NCL) and the galley was always off limits. Done tons of bridge tours but never a galley tour.

Perhaps this is a case of "your mileage may vary", but I had no problems with either the galley tour or a bridge tour on our first cruise, and we were in CC. I spoke with the very gracious CC host on the ship, and she put us on the list for the galley tour. The bridge tour was a bit more involved, as I wrote a personal note to Captain Dimitrios, but was accommodated as well. As it turned out, there were only three of us on this tour, and we spent about an hour on the bridge.

Perhaps this is a case of "your mileage may vary", but I had no problems with either the galley tour or a bridge tour on our first cruise, and we were in CC. I spoke with the very gracious CC host on the ship, and she put us on the list for the galley tour. The bridge tour was a bit more involved, as I wrote a personal note to Captain Dimitrios, but was accommodated as well. As it turned out, there were only three of us on this tour, and we spent about an hour on the bridge.

Funny because its been the opposite for us. Bridge tours are easy, bribe the CD or CC host with some t-shirts - one going to the Captain. Works every time :D. Galley tours - asked and it was always no can do.

On princess during the chef's dinner you get to go into the galley. also did a cooking demo that also takes you back there. one is free and the other includes dinner and wine. so it depends on the cruise line.

The way I read the daily papers is that 10:30 a.m. is for Elites and Captain's Club Members on deck 3 and if you look further down on the paper at 11:00 a.m. it says Galley Tour (you have to sign up and it lists the telephone number to call and the times to call. It also says that the tour is on deck 4 Silhouette Restarant.

The way I read the daily papers is that 10:30 a.m. is for Elites and Captain's Club Members on deck 3 and if you look further down on the paper at 11:00 a.m. it says Galley Tour (you have to sign up and it lists the telephone number to call and the times to call. It also says that the tour is on deck 4 Silhouette Restarant.

Are we looking at the same thing? The file I downloaded from the Duane T has a Galley tour at 10:30am for Elite Captains Club members at Sillohette. It also has a wine tasting at 11:00am for Select/Elite members. Which implies the Galley tour is going to be pretty quick or you have to pick one or the other if you are Elite.

I found the listing for the galley tour under Programming and Events for 11:00 a.m. Hope that helps---at least that is how I understand it.

I saw it too. It is on Page 3 of the Sept 2 newsletter. It has a star to indicate that it is part of the new Life program.

The entry doesn't list any prerequisites.

faith

Now I get it. I think there must but a 10:30am for Elite and then a 11:00am for signup. Makes sense and I'm glad to see Galley tours are open for everyone. We are definitely looking forward to it.

I hope they do this on Century. HAL is proud of their Kitchen and offers this to everyone on every ship. It's a pretty quick walk through the galley but you can meet the Chef, try some samples and get a print out of how much they serve on a daily basis. There are always cooks doing an ice carving, vegetable carvings and napkin folding as you go through the galley. They have this down.

We´ve just got back from the Equinox and there was a galley tour one morning, at 10.30am, available to everyone, not just Elite members. You had to register your interest the same day, I think between 9 and 10. You´ll see it on your daily newsletter. On our cruise, the Ancient Empires, it was during the second week.

Archived