Beverage purchases prior to cruise from San Pedro

wg6530

I'm hoping some locals or frequent cruisers can offer some pre-cruise shopping advice. Our flight into LAX is scheduled to arrive at 9:30 am on the morning of the cruise (a Saturday). If time allows, we'd like to purchase some beverages locally prior to the cruise (mostly soft drinks, possibly someone might want wine or liquor). Are there stores with in walking distance of the San Pedro port? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

We have sailed out of San Pedro the last two cruises. I do not believe ther are any liquor stores close to the pier. The first time we used Super Shuttle from LAX, asked the driver to stop at a liquor store on the way tot he ship. He stopped at a market in San Pedro that also sold liquor. It was about 5 minute ride to the pier from there.

Hope this helps

Dennis

Thank you both for responding. The San Pedro port sounds pretty convenient to local business.

Travelw, did the SuperShuttle driver wait for you? Or did you get a taxi from the market to the pier?

Putterdude, if we get drop our bags off at the pier, a six block walk each way might be nice after traveling. Well, assuming the flight is timely:o.

According to mapquest, the closest grocery store to the pier is Bon Ton at 501 N Centre St. Has anybody been there? Is it close/safe enough place to pick up soft drinks to take aboard?

According to mapquest, the closest grocery store to the pier is Bon Ton at 501 N Centre St. Has anybody been there? Is it close/safe enough place to pick up soft drinks to take aboard?

I am a resident of San Pedro, my hometown, so I am very well acquainted with the businesses here. I would recommend having the shuttle service stop, take a taxi, or walk the six to eight blocks from the pier to the following: Numero Uno Market at the corner of 5th Street and Pacific Ave. This is a grocery store and can offer you a decent price for water, sodas and limited liquor selection. If you want the best choices of wine, and the best customer service, go to Off the Vine at 6th Street and Pacific.

So do explain how do you plan on getting the wine on the ship?

On Carnival or Princess, each adult can carry a bottle of wine onboard, so depending on your cruiseline, you might have to 'smuggle' it or not.

So do explain how do you plan on getting the wine on the ship?

As mentioned some lines allow a small amount of wine. NCL charges a $15 per bottle corkage fee. I'm not sure if anyone n my party will even buy any wine or liquor. As adults, they will make their own choices.

Personally, I'm mostly interested in having our favorite soft drinks as they are not stocked on board.

I am a resident of San Pedro, my hometown, so I am very well acquainted with the businesses here. I would recommend having the shuttle service stop, take a taxi, or walk the six to eight blocks from the pier to the following: Numero Uno Market at the corner of 5th Street and Pacific Ave. This is a grocery store and can offer you a decent price for water, sodas and limited liquor selection. If you want the best choices of wine, and the best customer service, go to Off the Vine at 6th Street and Pacific.

Thank you so much for this information. I was hoping someone could recommend an appropriate market.

Archived