Pic taken from deck on 1st cruise .... it's been quite a while!

beachbum6264

2701941020059432091S600x600Q85.jpg

I was looking through a photo album my mother brought me, and found this. It was taken in port in Nassau (we were living there at the time), heading to Miami. That is my uncle and a friend waving. I was 3 at the time (you can do the math!) I remember the streamers being thrown as we sailed away and dressing up for dinner. This was either the Bahama Star or the Yarmouth Castle (we sailed on both, used to go back and forth by ship rather than plane, easier for shopping).

Since we're reminiscing, check out the link below of the first cruise ship we were on, the Britanis, Chandris lines (note the X's on the funnels, it was the precursor to Celebrity lines). We liked the ship so much we book it a second time a couple of years later.:D

It makes me laugh when people complain about the services, amenities, food, etc. of the current ships.

Unfortunately it sunk while being towed to the scrap yard as you can see from the photos below::(

http://www.rhmsamerikanis.co.uk/myweb/britanis-sinking.htm

Archived