Carnival Liberty - Forward Verandah Balcony Cabins

Ithocles

I just upgraded from a balcony cabin on the Empress Deck to a forward balcony cabin on the Verandah deck. Our last sailing on the Legend we had an aft balcony above the dining room and it was wonderful. I wanted a bit of a breeze this time so I opted for a side balcony...just to try it out. Can anyone tell me what there experience as been like in these cabins?

We are pretty close to the bridge but I can't imagine there would be a horrible amount of foot traffic. There are staterooms above and below ours and there are no staff areas, hallways or elevators close to ours. I think I prepared pretty well but thought I would like to get your impressions as well. Did I make a good move? I'm hoping so...

Maybe we'll get an upsell to a suite...which would be sweet. Yeah, yeah...corny. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Did you try the "cabin selections" board?

I was in a bow cabin on Victory, and there is a lot of movement up front. I had one of the inside cabins that has a window and the open deck just outside. No idea what a balcony would be like.

Had a side balcony on Miracle and it was cold when we were in the shade and broiling when we were in the sun, so I opted for an aft for my next one.

I always book 8C's in that location. I love being only one floor from the Lido. It is very quiet in that area also. Very little foot traffic. I was in room 8220 on the liberty and it was perfect. That location was also not too bad to walk up and down the steps to deck 5. I rarely took the elevators.

Archived