Best for my BIG family #2

jerblu

I've refined my search a little. I could go to Alaska or to New England (which would be an advantage because we are all near NY or Boston). The ships I am interested in are:

Alaska

X Infinity

RCL Radiance of the Sea

Princess Diamond or Sapphire

New England

X Summit

Caribbean Princess

Any opinion about which of these would be best for us?

4 couples. 5 grandchildren aged 1, 5, 6, 6, 9.

TIA

Jerry

The kids are too young to get a "vote"...take whatever cruise suits you best...only the 9 year old will really have a preference!

Now, will this be in the summer, when the pools will be useful, or in the fall, when it will be too chilly to make use of the outside activities? The 1 year old isn't old enough for the kid's clubs or potty trained (required to swim!). Some ships do offer babysitting, and if that's important, so the adults can gather, then check into that!

Otherwise, both lines will give you a great vacation!

I would choose Alaska. There are great shore excursions available which should appeal to everyone in your group. Any of the ships should be fine. I would go with the itinerary and fares that you like best. Radiance will have more cabin options for the families. Celebrity will likely be more refined. I'm sure that Princess has some advantage that I can't think of, but it won't have the babysitting for the little one.

When I was planning our Alaska cruise a couple of months ago, I had bookings on both Princess and RCCL at one time. RCCL won out because it had a family oceanview available.

Archived