Delta flights from LAX to SYD

sassy12

Has anyone flown Delta from LAX to Sydney and back? If so, what kind of meals were served? Were you offered the small bottles of wine with dinner? Did they still have pillows and blankets or should we bring our own?

Thanks.

Sassy12,

Very good questions for taking an over seas flight. There will be Meals served in the flight and you should be offered a small bottle of wine before dinner. Sometimes you will be offere wine with the meal so take advantage of the offer. Delta still offers pillows and blankets on over seas flights. I believe you are talking about flight #16 and flight #17. If you got to the Delta web site and plug those flight numbers in for Departures and Arrival times you will see the Plane type, Meals, Entertainment, and gate numbers. That information will be very helpful to you. Another thing about over seas flights.....there is no luggage charge. Just don't go over weight. These flights are really long so plan ahead and bring some reading material. By the way my wife has to have her own pillow.....we fly down and under in January. I hope this information helps. Tim

Sassy12,

Very good questions for taking an over seas flight. There will be Meals served in the flight and you should be offered a small bottle of wine before dinner. Sometimes you will be offere wine with the meal so take advantage of the offer. Delta still offers pillows and blankets on over seas flights. I believe you are talking about flight #16 and flight #17. If you got to the Delta web site and plug those flight numbers in for Departures and Arrival times you will see the Plane type, Meals, Entertainment, and gate numbers. That information will be very helpful to you. Another thing about over seas flights.....there is no luggage charge. Just don't go over weight. These flights are really long so plan ahead and bring some reading material. By the way my wife has to have her own pillow.....we fly down and under in January. I hope this information helps. Tim

Thanks for the help. We've only flown international once to Italy and we were the only ones in our pre-cruise group that had no problems getting there. We flew Delta and loved it. The rest had unbelievable things happen to them. So, we decided to do Delta again this trip hoping for the same service.

Hope you have a wonderful trip in January.

Archived