Wat Pho massage, Bangkok

alidor

Has anyone ever had a massage from this school, by Wat Pho? Read somewhere that is enjoyable and one of the must-dos in Bangkok. We will be doing a private tour of the temples and a long tail river cruise and I thought we would throw this in while we were in the Wat Pho area. We'll then be transferred to the ship.

I thought it would be fun too. From what I gathered it's not some over the top spa but just a school and minimal spa atmosphere at best, but since we'll be in the area, I thought it would be a part of local life and relaxing!

Has anyone ever had a massage from this school, by Wat Pho? Read somewhere that is enjoyable and one of the must-dos in Bangkok. We will be doing a private tour of the temples and a long tail river cruise and I thought we would throw this in while we were in the Wat Pho area. We'll then be transferred to the ship.

I watched them 25 years ago. They were doing these right outside the temple at that time.

They were standing on peoples backs. Probably OK unless you have back problems. It's a pretty rough type of massage.

I understand you can ask for a "soft" massage. There is quite a menu of offerings including one of just a foot massage, which does sound wonderful.

Do you have a link? How early do they open? The temple opens at 8:00am.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last Thursday and just walked in. No appointments are made or needed; there are many masseurs available. You do need to pay the entry to the reclining buddah to get to the Massage School. I think it was only about 20 Bt. The 1 hr massage was 360 Bt if memory serves me correctly. I had the Thai massage and thought it was fantastic.

Enjoy!

Beryl

We were there last Thursday and just walked in. No appointments are made or needed; there are many masseurs available. You do need to pay the entry to the reclining buddah to get to the Massage School. I think it was only about 20 Bt. The 1 hr massage was 360 Bt if memory serves me correctly. I had the Thai massage and thought it was fantastic.

Enjoy!

Beryl

So they do not open until 8:30am? Do they have half hour massages?

Archived