Cruises to Africa?

sweetlove13

The Tahitian Princess is heading down the west coast of Africa right now. She will arrive in Cape Town on Saturday. We board on Sunday and sail across the Indian Ocean to Singapore. The ship (renamed the Ocean Princess) will do the same itineraries next April to June. She does not call on Mombasa.

Can someone tell me which cruise lines go to Africa? I've been looking and it seems like not many do. I want to visit Cape Town, South Africa and Mombasa, Kenya in particular.

Look at Oceania Cruises

1. Nov 11/2010 - Istanbul to Capetown - 30 days

2. Dec 11/2010 - Capetown to Singapore - 35 days (has a port stop in Mombassa)

We have booked the b2b for the 65 days even though we have visited Capetown on a previous cruise several years ago. Also, we did a pre-cruise safari and then boarded an HAL ship in Mombassa for a leg of their World Cruise. Again, this was several years ago.

Grace

Can someone tell me which cruise lines go to Africa? I've been looking and it seems like not many do. I want to visit Cape Town, South Africa and Mombasa, Kenya in particular.

Good luck!!

Most cruise lines stay away from Africa. Generally the only places they go is northern Africa (western Morocco and Egypt). As much as I would love to do a true African cruise that went to southern Africa, I just don't think cruise lines are very comfortable in these areas. The risk is just too far outweighed by the reward. I'd have thought that there would be an increase in cruises to southern Africa (not just South Africa) because of the World Cup next year, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Check Princess Cruise Lines. Call and ask them for a brochure on their Exotic Cruises. They have several itins to South Africa, North Africa, and West Africa. I believe they are also hitting the Seychelles next year.

Archived