Pool Lounger Availability

Hello All:

This is our first cruise, we have been traveling for a long time now, mostly All Inclusives. Our friends have been telling us to try a cruise for years, well now we are booked and ready to go.

My question is about the availability of loungers at the pools, specifically the adults only pool on board the Liberty of the Seas. What time do you have to be there in the morning to secure a chair? Is it different on sea days?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Don Tequila

Don with most Cruise Ships the peak time is around 11AM on. If you wish to get a lounge I would go down before that. They do have lounges a Deck above and overlooking the pool. The popular areas of course are close to the pool. naturally on Sea Days more will be around the pool depending on weather.

The Solarium is a popular place....but folks come and go during the day. If there's not a lounge chair when you get there, certainly one will "open up" in a bit....there are plenty of chairs on the open decks, suitable for tanning. The chairs within spitting distance of the pool go first, but they're also the ones most tightly wedged in together, so we NEVER try to sit there...it's just too close!

Hello All:

This is our first cruise, we have been traveling for a long time now, mostly All Inclusives. Our friends have been telling us to try a cruise for years, well now we are booked and ready to go.

My question is about the availability of loungers at the pools, specifically the adults only pool on board the Liberty of the Seas. What time do you have to be there in the morning to secure a chair? Is it different on sea days?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Don Tequila

Welcome to Cruising!! I see you are booked on the same cruise we are taking in January. I will post the link to our Roll Call here in case you haven't found it yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=893188

RCI has a policy on holding chairs and usually you won't have any problems. On sea days it can be cool as we head south so the demand for chairs isn't overwhelming.

You have picked an awesome ship for your first cruise; we were on the sister ship - Independence of the Seas last December and booked the same cabin on the Liberty for this January. Photos of the Independence in the link below.

Kathy:)

Anyone know if there are chairs in shady areas for those of us that burn easily and don't want to be in the sun but still want to be by the pool???

Absolutely! The pool is in the center of the pool deck. It is ringed by loungers, going all the way back to the edge of the deck. That area next to the ship's edge has a "roof" - the bottom of the deck above. Lots of loungers in the shade here, around the entire perimeter of the pool deck.

:)

Archived