Not getting off the ship?

boxerdoglady

So, my hubby's not usually alot of help when picking vacations. =) But, what he did say was he wanted to cruise "just to cruise" and he wanted CCL "for the people" (we met some great couples on our last one)

Alright, here's my question. Has anyone ever went on a 5-7 day cruise and not got off the ship at ports?

While we don't usually do the excursions, we will get off in most ports and just wander for a bit....

There's no rule that says you have to get off, or do anything, for that matter! It's "whatever floats your boat", so to speak!

Mt Dh & I booked Pride out of Baltimore. Stops in Port Canveral staying on ship) Nassua going to Paridise Island, and tour city on our own & Freeport, (staying on ship)

I have been to all three before. But my DH wants to spend more time on ship and less on shore so we picked this cruise price was great! I heard on port days you can have the ship to yourself, very few stay on board.

So, my hubby's not usually alot of help when picking vacations. =) But, what he did say was he wanted to cruise "just to cruise" and he wanted CCL "for the people" (we met some great couples on our last one)

Alright, here's my question. Has anyone ever went on a 5-7 day cruise and not got off the ship at ports?

Yup did the Legend last October and stayed on the ship in Grand Cayman and Belize.... loved having the ship mostly to ourselves;)

Like others have said, it's your vacation! I think there are pros to staying on...you get the pool and hot tub to yourself! And no food lines! I've been on 3 cruises so far and I have never had a seat by the pool...or even really truly wanted to get in it cause it is usually pretty crowded. But on one cruise DH and I came back early (we were in PR...I don't remember why we came back early) but the hot tub was empty and the pool only had 2 people in it! It was wonderful! lol

My family and I are planning a cruise and we think we are going to pick the one out of Baltimore or Charleston that goes to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. I used to live in Key West (stationed there 3 years) and I am NOT getting off the ship that day! Pool, hot tub, and getting pizza every 5 minutes with no wait...here I come! :D

A few years back we cruised Alaska on HAL. Met a family traveling with Grandma, who was in a wheelchair. They chose the cruise and excursions based on where Grandma had cruised before and what she could do.

Well, Grandma decided not to go on any shore excursions. Turns out Grandma and Grandpa had cruised all over the world and never did shore excursions. The family discovered this while on the ship! Needless to say, DIL and Son were not happy.

No......I would never stay on a ship in port....If I wanted to to that I would do an AI...........

It's funny you said that because, an AI is exactly what I wanted to do. But...the issue w/ an AI is they all seem to be on a beach somewhere and we're not really "sun worshippers" Sitting on a beach all day isn't all that appealing. Also, I can't seem to convince DH Mexico's resort areas are perfectly safe. (He watches way too much CNN)

I'm looking at ports they may have good shopping close to the ship.

We've been on a couple of cruises that my son and husband never left the ship. I usually wait until the excursion crowds leave the ship and then get off by myself and wander around. It depends on the port, some places I would not go by myself.

Archived