Looking for Royal Family Suite info and photos on the Navigator

We are currently booked in 1688 and 1690. We are considering a change to a Royal Family suite, but I need more info. My DH is not sure about the space issues. Photos would be very helpful. We are a group of 5. It is my DH and I as well as our two grown DS's and a GF.

Edited by Kevin's girl

We are currently booked in 1688 and 1690. We are considering a change to a Royal Family suite' date=' but I need more info. My DH is not sure about the space issues. Photos would be very helpful. We are a group of 5. It is my DH and I as well as our two grown DS's and a GF.[/quote']

Keep those two cabins! Put three in 1688 and two in 1690, and you will all be VERY happy.

Unless the RFS is dirt cheap, or you are *dying* to have access to the Concierge Lounge, you are already set with those two cabins.

No bathtub or walk-in closet, but 1688 is much larger than the standard D1 (like 1690), approaching the size of a JS.

1688's balcony is very large, and 1690's balcony is large. I can't remember if the dividers on the aft of the Navigator can be opened or not.

I knew we had the two best aft cabins. I think the common area will be something that we will make good use of. This may be our last family cruise before grandchildren so we need to make the most of it. I just switched our reservation so 1688 and 1690 are now open for booking. I could still use the photos if anyone has some to share to show our kids. It is very difficult to find photos of 9394. If anyone has a photo I would really appreciate your sharing pics or a link. Thanks so much.

I knew we had the two best aft cabins. I think the common area will be something that we will make good use of. This may be our last family cruise before grandchildren so we need to make the most of it. I just switched our reservation so 1688 and 1690 are now open for booking. I could still use the photos if anyone has some to share to show our kids. It is very difficult to find photos of 9394. If anyone has a photo I would really appreciate your sharing pics or a link. Thanks so much.

The four RFS on the Mariner and Navigator are the same. You can search for any of those on webshots, and find lots of pictures.

Apparently most people are out enjoying their weekend! :)

Ah COOL' date=' thanks so much. This will help. I hope you have a blast on your cruise. I will look forward to a review when you get back.

Thanks for the site.[/quote']

You are welcome :D

Will be bit late getting back from this cruise as we have Oasis B2B afterwards...but will be sure to take lots of pics and notes for you :D

I have pictures of the RFS from the Adventure of the Seas and I would be happy to email them to you. We liked having the one room because I wanted to know when my DS, neice and nephew came in for the night. We had plenty of room and tons of storage. We didn't really use the concierge that much but she was very helpful.

I have pictures of the RFS from the Adventure of the Seas and I would be happy to email them to you. We liked having the one room because I wanted to know when my DS, neice and nephew came in for the night. We had plenty of room and tons of storage. We didn't really use the concierge that much but she was very helpful.

An email would be great, thanks my email is:

terriamcca@yahoo.com

We had 9394 on the Mariner this past September and loved it. There was 6 of us, and our kids first cruise (our kids are 20 & 21), they also brought a friend each. The four of them slept in the 1 room with the pullmans and the 2 singles and had more than enough room. The 2 bathrooms were great, and the balcony was amazing. The balcony had a table with 4 chairs, and also 4 loungers. The livingroom had enough room for all of us to sit, plus there was a small table with four chairs if you ordered room service. I can email you some of the pictures if you like.

Hi!

We had #9394 on Navigator this summer!!! We have sailed in the Owners, Grand, Junior and even the Royal Suite. I will tell you that this was my favorite cabin of all! The balcony was heaven on earth. There is a ton of storage space! We had six in the room and had plenty of room.

The pictures on the previous post are exactly like #9394 on Navigator, but just everything is flipped.

Let me know if you have any questions, but most of all look forward to your trip and Enjoy!!

One question I can think of may sound stupid. But is the bathroom with the tub by the largest bedroom? My DH is a big guy and has a hard time with the torpedo tube showers in the smaller bathroom. The three "kids" will be fine in the smaller one.

We have stayed in the Grand on the Navigator early last year and there was a fantastic sound system in the cabin. Does this suite have the same?

Any comments on the Concierge service?

We just booked the Navigator of the Seas Transatlantic Crossing for next April - in the RFS! We were on the Independence of the Seas this past April in the same RFS and loved it,, so we are excited to do it again. I did confirm with the cruise line that the suite was refurbished in February of 2009, so the decor isn't the same as the pictures on the website.

If anyone has pictures after the refurbished rooms were rolled out, we would appreciate it!

Thanks so much,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Kind of resurrecting my older thread. We are booked in 9394 and I'm hoping that someone may have some newer photos of this stateroom or one of the other 3 Family Suites. I have visited the Voyager-Class.com site and would really love to see something newer if possible.

Kind of resurrecting my older thread. We are booked in 9394 and I'm hoping that someone may have some newer photos of this stateroom or one of the other 3 Family Suites. I have visited the Voyager-Class.com site and would really love to see something newer if possible.

Things haven't changed on the Navigator in the past nine months.

Here is a link to photos of Explorers RFS 9694

http://www.*****/view_room.php?r_id=77399

This is a great resource for room photos.

Thanks pantherfan. This helps.

I had really wanted to show our son's girlfriend the cabin we will be staying in. She has never cruised before and this trip is a big deal. I read that the Navigator was overhauled last year and was hoping to get a look at the furniture and such. It seems that the colors and decor differs greatly between sister ship. It also seemed that a number of posters from earlier were going to be staying in this cabin and I was hoping someone would be able to share a few recent photos.

I hope they did something in the rooms - our OS on Navigator last November was not in a really good condition.

Back to your FS-question: I guess the Royal Familiy Suites on Voyager-ships are nearly the same as on Freedom-class (same layout, little bit bigger...) - here you can find some Pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/FS8414IndependenceOfTheSeas and a short review http://swisscruiser.blogspot.com/2009/05/review-cabin-8414-cat-fs.html of cabin #8414 @ IOS. We loved the huge balcony with the big table - it was great for breakfast with an amazing view... especially the overlooking view in the ports was great. If they did some refurbishing it may be similar with one of those IOS-cabins... .

Enjoy it... ;).

Edited by guacamole