Just off Dawn 10/11 Ghost Story

KevinsCruising

I was on the same sailing as the poster that experienced the ghostly presence, and I admit I was a little worried on the cruise this time myself. On our first sailing on the Dawn, about three years ago in January, four of my son's friends were staying in an inside cabin. Two of them awoke during the night and both saw an older gentleman standing in front of them in the doorway. They were a little spooked the whole trip and I was worried because this time we had booked an inside cabin. Guess I have to worry about my usual balcony as well!

Thanks a lot, Kevin! I thought you were going to write about how empty the Dawn was on your sailing.

DH is always on the road and I'm in this old house alone! Why do I read such things?

A friend of mine, a fellow CC'r, told me a story of how she saw a very famous ghost at a Calif. hotel. I didn't sleep well that night!

Last night, as a matter of fact, I dreamt that there were 3 women in my house. They knew I was sleeping so they were trying to be quiet. As I dreamt they were leaving, I said hello to them. At this point I was awake and looking into my bathroom, but I could still see them walking away. I was puzzled why they didn't speak to me, and then one turned around and looked at me... SHE COULDN'T TALK CUZ SHE WAS DEAD!!

(That's kinda spooky, huh?)

I said hello to them. At this point I was awake and looking into my bathroom, but I could still see them walking away. I was puzzled why they didn't speak to me, and then one turned around and looked at me... SHE COULDN'T TALK CUZ SHE WAS DEAD!!

(That's kinda spooky, huh?)

OK, so your subconscious is OK with dead people walking around your house, but has trouble with them speaking ;)

Sorry Ang, I couldn't help myself

The link I posted is from the actual story of when the girl went missing. Not a joke. If you can't open it, try going to google and googling "woman missing on NCL Dawn" you should find a link with the story and her picture.

After posting this, it is amazing how many other stories come up. If you watch all the ghost hunter shows , etc, they always say that moving water is a big conductor for spiritual activity....where else better then on a cruise :rolleyes:

Hi Kevin,

(we missed you at the Meet and Greet) She didn't make it to our cabin 9710.

We too had a wonderful cruise!

Sorry I missed the Meet and Greet. I was part of a travel agent group on board and had to attend a seminar at the same time. Hopefully cruising NCL again in March... maybe next time.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Well, I know two cabins on the Dawn I won't be getting on future cruises. Not because I am afraid of ghosts, but because I am sure they will always be booked by the people "wanting" to see a ghost.

My dd told me once on the Spirit that the counselors told her a little boy haunts the ship.

Things that make you go... Hmmm??

Maybe NCL should do a haunted cruise. Especially, this time of year.

Sorry I missed the Meet and Greet. I was part of a travel agent group on board and had to attend a seminar at the same time. Hopefully cruising NCL again in March... maybe next time.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Hi Kevin ...

I'll actually be on the Dawn this coming Sun ... w/ the same group you spoke of.

Just a quick question ... the seminar on the first sea day is from 9-12noon ... but did they give you a break ~10:30am? A few of us were hoping ... so that we could go down to the M&G ... even if for a few minutes.

Thanks!

Hi Kevin ...

I'll actually be on the Dawn this coming Sun ... w/ the same group you spoke of.

Just a quick question ... the seminar on the first sea day is from 9-12noon ... but did they give you a break ~10:30am? A few of us were hoping ... so that we could go down to the M&G ... even if for a few minutes.

Thanks!

They gave us a 10 minute bathroom break. Thats about it. Not enough time to get to the room and do a formal greeting. :( Have an awesome time. I already miss being on the Dawn !!

:D

I'm going on the Dawn on November 15 and this story is right up my alley. I'm thinking maybe I should try to move my cabin to one of the haunted ones! :)

I've had lots of ghostly experiences in the past. Lived in a couple of older haunted houses in Maryland where there was quite a bit of activity and have attended numerous seances where spirits spoke through people at random, sometimes in languages that they didn't speak.

Thanks for the info on the Dawn. I was on the HAL Statendam last Christmas and heard stories about that ship being haunted as well. Apparently, I also have a knack for picking haunted ships to cruise on.

I'm going on the Dawn on November 15 and this story is right up my alley. I'm thinking maybe I should try to move my cabin to one of the haunted ones! :)

I've had lots of ghostly experiences in the past. Lived in a couple of older haunted houses in Maryland where there was quite a bit of activity and have attended numerous seances where spirits spoke through people at random, sometimes in languages that they didn't speak.

Thanks for the info on the Dawn. I was on the HAL Statendam last Christmas and heard stories about that ship being haunted as well. Apparently, I also have a knack for picking haunted ships to cruise on.

I would....book 10628 if you can... might even be a free upgrade for you. Then bring a wija board or some tarot cards and see what happens :eek:

I should start my own Ghost Hunters group for cruise ships..... Hey I will have to cruise....all part of the job :D

Count Me In... I'll bring my Proton Pack and my PKE (Psycho-Kinetic Energy) Meter... not to mention the K2 meter and EVP recorder.... we'll have the ships ghost free in no time....

And when I say no time, I mean 10 or 20 years or so... We HAVE TO BE THOROUGH!

It'll be rough, but we'll stay in every villa, suite, and penthouse just to make SURE there are no ghosts there. I'd be okay with the ghosts in the inside cabins on deck 2.... They're not bothering anyone... hee hee hee.....

And I thank yoU,

JWK: Ecto-1 Driver

Edited by Pianoman6582

After a family member died last year, we have had all kinds of "weird" things happen at our home. Pictures pulled from their frames. Wood table with deep scratche where a picture had been before being rearranged. Picture frames placed face down, figurines put in the middle of the den floor, etc.I do believe you when you tell the ghost story. You can tell this story until you are blue in the face, but you will never convence a nonbeliever! :)

After a family member died last year, we have had all kinds of "weird" things happen at our home. Pictures pulled from their frames. Wood table with deep scratche where a picture had been before being rearranged. Picture frames placed face down, figurines put in the middle of the den floor, etc.I do believe you when you tell the ghost story. You can tell this story until you are blue in the face, but you will never convence a nonbeliever! :)

I'm a believer:) I have had my own experiences.

The link I posted is from the actual story of when the girl went missing. Not a joke. If you can't open it, try going to google and googling "woman missing on NCL Dawn" you should find a link with the story and her picture.

After posting this, it is amazing how many other stories come up. If you watch all the ghost hunter shows , etc, they always say that moving water is a big conductor for spiritual activity....where else better then on a cruise :rolleyes:

I passed up your story as mere Halloween fun, considering your staterooms did not involve the cabin (or deck) she actually stayed in. So you still stick by your story even though that meant she chose to upgrade? :eek:

If that's the case, we are only a couple balconies away from 10626/10628 for the Dawn's repo. I guess we'll be sleeping with the balcony door closed. :D

We shall report back on our findings. :cool: Since ghosts tend to relive their tragedies, perhaps we'll get a chance to see what really happened.

That is a GREAT story. I have had a few odd things happen in my life as well, so I do believe it...I have no doubts about stuff like that happening.

I'd be one of the wackos that would book that cabin. If I'd have known ahead of time before booking the Nov 1st sailing, I'd be in there. ;)

Not that it matters. Obviously she wanders. She just must have liked your SIL and her BF :)

For those of you interested, CNN is having a special on people that defied death. They speak about what happened and what they experienced while they were actually dead, before they were brought back from life.

Here is a small bit of what CNN posted...

Many of the people who describe near-death experiences talk about feeling a beautiful peace and being in the light. Science says it might be a trick of the mind, but those who have had them say it has changed their lives.

Saturday and Sunday at 8 pm on CNN

Dawn