What I Think - Mariner mexican Riviera 10/4

jasmith52

Had a great cruise last week. The dining room service and food were outstanding ! And all at a real bargain of a price. I couldn't ask for a better combination of price and performance.

The Mariner (of the Seas) is a beautiful ship. I don't agree with any of the comments I had read about it being dog-eared or not kept up.

It didn't seem crowded (3500-3600 passengers) until our sea days when we had some strong winds keeping everyone indoors. With everyone indoors because of the weather it did seem a bit crowded at times.

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. We were on in minutes. Lines were nearly non -existent. Debarkation was also very easy.

The room (ocean view) was very comfortable and well laid out. No complaints there. We had a great group we met at our dinning table and enjoyed a number of very fun meals together.

The entertainment was about par for a cruise ship - enough said.

The Ports -

We had a great time in Cabo. We caught the $10 pp glass-bottom boat tour around Los Arches. Saw lots of marine life and fed the big fish with provided tortillas. We were then dropped at one of the resorts on (Medina ?) beach and had a wonderful lunch at Pueblo Bonita lunch right on the beach. We then spent the rest of the afternoon (next door) sipping cocktails poolside at Pueblo Bonita Rosa. A wonderful day was had.

Mazatlan - we had cocktails beachside at the hotel Playa Mazatlan and lunch beachside at the (Mazatlan) hotel Pueblo Bonita and then did the cocktails by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Another wonderful day.

Puerta Vallarta - Did the mall thing at the Galleria in the morning. Walked around the Malecon downtown in the afternoon.

Complaints -

There was a strong sewage smell in the hallway (Deck 2 Starboard aft) outside of our cabin. We didn't smell it in the room but it was very annoying walking through it every time we came back to the room. Given the choice I would never choose a room in that location because of that smell.

The wife didn't think much of the TV channels. They were very repetitive.

Sounds like you had a great time! Unfortunately, that "sewage" smell can (and does) occur anywhere on the ship....it seems to travel from place to place!

And the tv...well...thankfully, there's alot to do so TV isn't relied upon!!!

Don't ask. Most facilities will said yes to get you to paid for daypass. We usually just order some food and drink and that is good enough. If they come and enquire you about paying to use facility, just go to another hotels. Usually when it is not busy, they will welcome you with open arms.

did they welcome you to use the pool and drinks in Cabo hotels

They didn't exactly welcome us. We just invited ourselves.

I get the feeling that as long as you are spending "mucho denero" they won't throw you out.

Just off the Mariner also.

The sewage smell was on deck 7 also and was very bad on Friday and Saturday.

About the weather.... it was very hot and humid in all ports. Always on Fridays

and Saturdays, it is windy and cool. As the year progresses, it will get winder

and colder on the last two days.

Archived