Can you bring wine on board

sunny_ksgirl

Yes, if you read at Carnival.dot, you'll see them clearly state that you can bring 1 bottle, per adult, in your carryon. They do not take it from you at check in.

I keep mine in the cabin and pour myself a before dinner glass. I buy a bottle in the dining room and they will keep that for you, too, to finish later.

Any limit to the bottle size? For that matter, what about a box of wine? One regular box is 3 L, so that would equal (1) 1.5 L bottle per adult.

Any chance a box of wine would raise an eyebrow at check-in, or is it best to check it?

From the Carnival website:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Not sure if they would "do the math" and count that as for 2 adults...

(sshh... put the box in a checked bag!!!)

We just cruised out of Miami and before boarding, I stopped at the CVS pharmacy and picked up a box of wine. Just threw it in my carry on and nobody said a word. And my carry on is just a big open tote, so it was in full view when we went thru security. (Unfortunately, though, the wine was a bust. blech.)

We just cruised out of Miami and before boarding, I stopped at the CVS pharmacy and picked up a box of wine. Just threw it in my carry on and nobody said a word. And my carry on is just a big open tote, so it was in full view when we went thru security. (Unfortunately, though, the wine was a bust. blech.)

:D CVS isn't known for their great vintages. Walgreen's on the other hand . . . ;)

As far as storage, we have packed wine in Wineskins (you can google) and they work very good.

We bought our favorite box wiine. Then, we took the bag out of the box and carried it in a canvas carry-on. It went thru the scanner just fine--nobody said anything. Then we kept it in the cabin and poured ourselves a glass whenever we wanted it. We could then go anywhere on the ship sipping our wine. It lasted the entrie cruise--throw away when empty.

Archived