Feeling Guilty Here!

My DD was married on Majesty. It was a great cruise for a great price. Unlike newer RCCL ships, Majesty cabins and showers are tiny.

We enjoy sailing on RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and NCL. Can't imagine only sailing on one cruiseline anymore than sailing on one ship. Variety is the spice of life.

Loved our cruise on RCCL Jewel of the Seas. She and Crown Princess are our 2 favorite ships thus far.

Glad that Carnival and RCCL now offer anytime dining too. We are sailing RCCL in January and Carnival in February. Just got off Princess and NCL last month. We appreciate the differences in each cruiseline.

I loved ALLLLL my RCCL cruises, except for my March Majesty one.. thats what made me change to Carnival :( Because of Oasis coming out, a lot of the good Majesty staff left.. at least in March. The food was good but the service everywhere else was sorely lacking, and I wasnt the only one who felt it! Sorry to be a downer but just being honest

I loved ALLLLL my RCCL cruises, except for my March Majesty one.. thats what made me change to Carnival :( Because of Oasis coming out, a lot of the good Majesty staff left.. at least in March. The food was good but the service everywhere else was sorely lacking, and I wasnt the only one who felt it! Sorry to be a downer but just being honest

Where did the staff from Majesty go? Were their contracts up?

Bill

After 14 ccl trips we went on a rccl trip and enjoyed it,food and service was great. We will sail on rccl again in future. Carnival service has went down hill lately.:( I used to want to stay just on carnival but i agree why should i be loyal they dont care about me that much.

huh wonder if it was just that cruise..we have enjoyed the RC cruises we have been on...if you think there's a chance you may not like it I would have passed...not so sure the chance of meeting a "sort of" celebrity would be worth going on a cruise that I couldnt stand last time

Where did the staff from Majesty go? Were their contracts up?

Bill

We just got told the crew were mostly new... that most had moved on to new ships. Definitely true in the dining room as all the tables around us were complaining about the service.

I LOVED all my other RCCL cruises.. its what got me hooked.. but something about the Majesty really left a bad taste in my mouth.. would I sail RCCL again.. absolutely but not on that ship.

We just got told the crew were mostly new... that most had moved on to new ships. Definitely true in the dining room as all the tables around us were complaining about the service.

I LOVED all my other RCCL cruises.. its what got me hooked.. but something about the Majesty really left a bad taste in my mouth.. would I sail RCCL again.. absolutely but not on that ship.

ok thank you for the response. I was just curious about the Oasis comment.:)

Bill

I think you should cancel and stay home. However, if you do decide to tough it out, try not to spend the entire cruise complaining. The other PAX may throw you overboard. I heard they're like that on... dare I speak their name... Royal Caribbean:eek:

I think you should cancel and stay home. However, if you do decide to tough it out, try not to spend the entire cruise complaining. The other PAX may throw you overboard. I heard they're like that on... dare I speak their name... Royal Caribbean:eek:

I have never complained on a cruise, and not quite sure where you came up with that one. I simply stated that the food and service on Royal Caribbean isn't as good as it is on Carnival. And by reading the Royal reviews, and their message board, you have many more Royal "fans" complaining about Royal Caribbean than you do Carnival "fans" complaining about Carnival. Royal Caribbean might have been a "quality" cruise line years ago, but from what I have read, and experienced on one of their ships, the "quality" is a thing of the past. They are going for mainstream marketing like Carnival, and in the process the "quality" was left behind.

Not sure why you posted this, especially the part about feeling guilty. DW and I are Platinum on CCL and RCI, and we have never felt guilty about sailing either line. No problem if someone prefers 1 line over another, if we all liked the same line, there would never be enough cabins available for us all to book. Get over which line it is and enjoy the fact that you're on a cruise, and meeting someone you're interested in.:D

I have never complained on a cruise, and not quite sure where you came up with that one. I simply stated that the food and service on Royal Caribbean isn't as good as it is on Carnival. And by reading the Royal reviews, and their message board, you have many more Royal "fans" complaining about Royal Caribbean than you do Carnival "fans" complaining about Carnival. Royal Caribbean might have been a "quality" cruise line years ago, but from what I have read, and experienced on one of their ships, the "quality" is a thing of the past. They are going for mainstream marketing like Carnival, and in the process the "quality" was left behind.

You know all this from sailing on ONE RCCL cruise ship:confused: ROFLMAO!!!

Quality was great on the Mariner in August;) Just as good as any of my Carnival cruises.....well maybe not the Holiday ..........

What 1 Royal ship have you sailed on? You can't resonably rule out an entire fleet of ships based on 1 sailing! The Majesty of the seas is Royals oldest ship afloat, and they have not ignored her. Royal is very good about keeping their ships in great condition, you haven't sailed them enough to know that. The comment about Majesty being an older ship shouldn't be misunderstood as an excuse, no excuse is necessary! The comment is made just to remind people that she was built when ships were alot smaller and didn't have all the amenities they have now. I sailed on the Carnival Conquest and didn't like that ship at all, and she is supposed to be one of Carnivals better ships! The staff on Royal is second to none! I agree that when you return you will have nothing good to say about Royal, apparantly you want to convince yourself that you are sailing on the best cruise line out there and will accept no other! Too b ad, you don't know what you're missing.

[quote name='chukeee']Isn't NeNe a trip????????? I'm her, only in a fat white body, lol. I would go on a cruise to meet her too!:)[/quote]
That's nothing to brag about. Seriously. I hope you hold yourself to a higher standard than her. To the op. Just enjoy the cruise and stop agonizing over it being a Royal Caribbean cruise. I have never sailed on Carnival and have heard several mixed things about Carnival. I wouldn't hesitate to book on them though. The cruise/vacation is what you make of it.

Archived