Feeling Guilty Here!

Ok. I am a Devoted Carnival Lover, but...........

Today I booked a Royal Caribbean Cruise that leaves in 3 weeks. I just returned from the Carnival Freedom 3 weeks ago yesterday, but I booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas because it is a Ne Ne Leakes Cruise from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. They did a group of 160 Ne Ne fans to join on this cruise, and the price was good, but I just feel guilty for not being on a Carnival ship. I have sailed one Royal cruise, and I couldn't stand it, but bit the bullet for the chance to meet Ne Ne and spend 4 days on a cruise with her.

I hated most all aspects of the Royal Cruise last year, but I can say I tried them, and disliked them. I am so wishing this charter cruise was on a Carnival Vessel!!

Well, I have no idea who Ne Ne is...but I hope you have a great time! :) I can't imagine any cruise being unbearable, but hopefully this one will be better.

Ne Ne is one of the Atlanta Housewives on Bravo tv.

My previous Royal sailing wasn't "unbearable", it just wasn't up to par compared to Carnival. It will be fun, I just expect the quality from Carnvial on Royal, which I won't get.

Oh , you booked the very oldest RCL ship with little teesy cabins ... I hope you also book a RCL newer ship and dont judge RCL by Majesty. Are you in a inside cabin?? 119 s.f. Only 2 ships or RCL I wouldnt book, thats the lesser of the two. It isnt typical of the newer RCL ships ....

Maybe meeting Ne Ne is worth it?

Today I booked a Royal Caribbean Cruise that leaves in 3 weeks. I just returned from the Carnival Freedom 3 weeks ago yesterday, but I booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas because it is a Ne Ne Leakes Cruise from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. They did a group of 160 Ne Ne fans to join on this cruise, and the price was good, but I just feel guilty for not being on a Carnival ship. I have sailed one Royal cruise, and I couldn't stand it, but bit the bullet for the chance to meet Ne Ne and spend 4 days on a cruise with her.

I hated most all aspects of the Royal Cruise last year, but I can say I tried them, and disliked them. I am so wishing this charter cruise was on a Carnival Vessel!!

What's to feel guilty about? Book on whatever cruise line has what you want, when you want it.

I don't know what you hated on your last cruise or when it was but I would rather be on any ship then to have to go to work.:D

Booking an RCI ship tomorrow or Wednesday on RCI.

If you get an inside on the Majesty just watch you don't walk into the bed as you are entering the room.;)

Bill

My previous Royal sailing wasn't "unbearable", it just wasn't up to par compared to Carnival. It will be fun, I just expect the quality from Carnvial on Royal, which I won't get.

traitor! :p

is that what you're looking for? ;)

:confused:

Iv always had better service on RCL, so if thats the worst you expect, maybe you will think its a great cruise.

What's to feel guilty about? Book on whatever cruise line has what you want, when you want it.

I don't know what you hated on your last cruise or when it was but I would rather be on any ship then to have to go to work.:D

Booking an RCI ship tomorrow or Wednesday on RCI.

If you get an inside on the Majesty just watch you don't walk into the bed as you are entering the room.;)

Bill

Well I would rather be in any ship too, but would rather use a Carnvial ship. I wasn't impressed with alot of things on Royal. I don't buy the smaller, older ship comment either. If they can't bring their ships up to par, including their older ships, then they need to pull them out of their fleet. Carnival refurbs their older ships, and Royal should do the same. I will enjoy the cruise, regardless of the line, but like I said, Royal doesn't impress me.

Well I would rather be in any ship too, but would rather use a Carnvial ship. I wasn't impressed with alot of things on Royal. I don't buy the smaller, older ship comment either. If they can't bring their ships up to par, including their older ships, then they need to pull them out of their fleet. Carnival refurbs their older ships, and Royal should do the same. I will enjoy the cruise, regardless of the line, but like I said, Royal doesn't impress me.

Well I hope you have a great cruise regardless. We were on the Sovereign right before she left the fleet and didn't see anything wrong with the ship or service.

Hopefully the cruise you did on RCI before was just an anomaly.

Bill

I have seen alot of your posts, and you are quick with your responses. Keep up the good work.

will do :D

or... at least... try :confused:

good luck though... hope 'ne ne' (?) is cool... ;)

though i have no idea who she is :)

I did the Majesty a couple of months ago. The ship is in spectacular condition! I think she's larger than the Sensation but has a strange layout (to me at least). I also prefer CCL because I thought there is more entertainment, better food and service but I would do it again because I like to cruise :D. They aren't exaggerating the cabins really are tiny. Your bed is pushed against two walls so the person on one side is like caged in but we don't spend much time in the room so it wasn't a huge deal.

Oh , you booked the very oldest RCL ship with little teesy cabins ... I hope you also book a RCL newer ship and dont judge RCL by Majesty. Are you in a inside cabin?? 119 s.f. Only 2 ships or RCL I wouldnt book, thats the lesser of the two. It isnt typical of the newer RCL ships ....

Maybe meeting Ne Ne is worth it?

I actually booked this ship today. Mind you, the ship itself, not the Ne Ne cruise. It was a deal i just couldn't pass up. Yes I am in a tiny inside cabin but I am going solo and the price was $221 with a Georgia residency rate. It is a four day cruise with three ports (Nassau, CoCo Cay and Key West). I really couldn't turn it down. The ironic thing is that it will be my first RCL cruise. My next cruise after that will be the Oasis in February. I expect a couple of differences between the two :D.

Well I am glad someone has had better service on RCL. You are the first I have heard that statement from.

I guess people see what they want. I know I have seen lots of posts, even on the Carnival board, where they say service is better on RCL, but they preferred the food on Carnival. ..and Ill bet Iv read a high percentage of the posts on here about comparing the lines.

No wonder you have a bad feeling about this booking. Maybe if you went with a more open mind you would see good things about RCL and enjoy it for what it offers, instead of spending your cruise thinking you would rather be on Carnival.

You shouldn't feel guilty about choosoing another cruiseline, you should feel guilty about watching the Real Houswives of Atlanta. LOL!! Seriously, after booking a cruise on a line you don't care for just to meet Ne Ne, I hope you enjoy the cruise.

Why feel "guitly"??

Unless you are a major stockholder or Carnival gives you free cruises all the time I don't see why you would feel guilty

(*I personally wouldn't be interested in Ne Ne but that is just me tho LOL)

I just got off that ship a few weeks ago. The ship is in excellent condition. Just look around, you will be amazed how beautiful it really is for how old it is. I was booked in a grand suite so I did not experience the small cabins. The food was just okay. The fun carnival atmosphere was missing though. I still had a great time and would do it again.

Well I am glad someone has had better service on RCL. You are the first I have heard that statement from.

We had excellent service on the Mariner in August.......

No wonder you have a bad feeling about this booking. Maybe if you went with a more open mind you would see good things about RCL and enjoy it for what it offers, instead of spending your cruise thinking you would rather be on Carnival.

I can guarantee the bashing RCCL will get when they return........mark my words;)

Today I booked a Royal Caribbean Cruise that leaves in 3 weeks. I just returned from the Carnival Freedom 3 weeks ago yesterday, but I booked a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas because it is a Ne Ne Leakes Cruise from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. They did a group of 160 Ne Ne fans to join on this cruise, and the price was good, but I just feel guilty for not being on a Carnival ship. I have sailed one Royal cruise, and I couldn't stand it, but bit the bullet fyoor the chance to meet Ne Ne and spend 4 days on a cruise with her.

Go and enjoy ....you'll love Carvinal that much more after it. Thats what happen to me.

Go and enjoy ....you'll love Carvinal that much more after it. Thats what happen to me.

Great post. That's what happened the last time I sailed on Royal.

A earlier post said I was going into it with a bad attitude. That is wrong. I simply stated that I don't feel that the food and service is as good as Carnival's. That is my opinion.

Archived