Only Ship in Port - Good or Not So Good?

Tabbymom

Just learned about the site that shows you the ships in port and apparently the Enchantment will be in Cozumel all by herself. This could be good (no waits, no lines, no problems finding chairs at the beach clubs, no one to bump into your ship while leaving the dock) or maybe not so good: Will all shops etc. be open? Will vendors be even more aggressive than normal? I'm sure it's better than too many ships but has anyone had a similar experience?

We were the first (and only) ship back in Cozumel after Swine Flu hit. It was nice because it was not crowded at all, and it felt a lot less touristy. Many of the vendors were especially aggressive though, more than I've ever seen. Many shops were closed, but I'm sure that was because they had seen no tourists for a month at that point.

Thanks Kailyn - you had a unique experience! I may just avoid town entirely - the vendors were extremely annoying last time we were there and there were several ships in port. Maybe I'll just stick to a beach club and souvenir shopping at the pier; presumably those shops will be open! All we really need is some Mexican vanilla - the good kind.

And thanks Klmorg - isn't that the coolest site!

Archived