Suite amenities

j!m

does someone know for sure the current status of suite amenities??

for example on longer cruises are corsages supplied for each formal night or only the first?

also are the flowers in the suite changed regularily or are the flowers just a one time thing??

for example on longer cruises are corsages supplied for each formal night or only the first?

also are the flowers in the suite changed regularily or are the flowers just a one time thing??

You'll get plenty of goodies for your extra $3000-$6000!

One corsage and one arrangement on a 9 day cruise. The suite amenities are well spelled out but perhaps overstated. No butler except for one overworked cabin steward wearing 2 hats while he is responsible for a whole bunch of other cabins. It's not the QM2 or one of the luxury lines. I felt HAL had better amenities than Princess.

Suite guests get:

Pre sailing Champagne and chocolate strawberry's (seasonal)

Free dry cleaning and laundry thruought cruise

Priority boarding and disembarking (at port stops where tendering is done also)

1st bar set up in suite for Free

Concierge club lounge

Hors de Ourves each evening

1 Free dinner in Specialty Restaurant

High threadcount striped sheets with down duvet cover

Bathrobes and Slippers

There are more amenities, but I can't think of what they all are but they compare very well to Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. If you call there 800 number they can tell you for sure. I'm staying in a Window Suite next time up and they are 460 square feet with marble bathroom, oval bathtub w/ jacuzzi jets and seperate Glass shower stall

We received one flower arrangment at the beginning of both our B2B cruises. If you don't water them, they will not last on longer voyages and they are not replaced. ;)

It was strange for our first cruise, only a single corsage was delivered, but the second gave us both one. If you put them in the frig, they will last for both. ;)

We never received our personalized staionery on the first leg, but did receive it on our second. Not sure why?

hi toto

thought you might respond

have never heard of free dinner in sabatini or crown have you??

and yes only one flower arrangement i guess

but i spoke to room steward and new one showed up when first one dead ( we do water them)

also room steward seems very over worked with too many rooms and no help

we are not high maintenance so guess that helps him a bit

Free dinner in a specialty restaurant is not included as a suite perk, however breakfast at Sabatini's is one of the new perks.

Mike:)

Does anyone know if friends who occupy the cabin next to your full suite can accompany you into Sabatini's for breakfast as a guest?

Zouave

• 2 weeks later...

Are these listed perks just for full Suites or Mini-Suites too?

If not for the Mini-Suites, are there any perks besides the extra room and the full bath in the Mini-Suites?

(We are planning a cruise on Island and curious if Mini-Suite is worth the extra cost versus Ocenview with Balcony).

Thanks,

Pat

Are these listed perks just for full Suites or Mini-Suites too?

If not for the Mini-Suites, are there any perks besides the extra room and the full bath in the Mini-Suites?

(We are planning a cruise on Island and curious if Mini-Suite is worth the extra cost versus Ocenview with Balcony).

Thanks,

Pat

Pat, there just aren't many perks associated with mini suites on Princess I am afraid. Here is the link to the section on Princess which describes the difference between full suite perks and mini suite perks (although there have been a few added to the full suite perks since this list was published): http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

• 3 weeks later...
Does the Grand Suite get any extra perks? Any info on the Grand Suite?

We have stayed in the Grand Suite a few times. As PIA said you really get the same perks as the other suites. However, you do get quite a bit of extra space.

You have a large living room and a dining room in addition to your separate bedroom.

It is really a beautiful cabin. The only perk that the other suites don't have is a real "door bell" LOL

Plus they provide you with an in cabin computer. However, there is no printer.

We've also stayed in the Grand Suite on several of the ships too. On the Golden there was no doorbell. When in the bedroom area you never knew if anyone was knocking on the door or not.

Agree, there is no difference in the perks with the Grand Suite versus the other suites except we always get a nice bottle of champagne for sail a way rather than just a glass. It also isn't the cheap stuff but the good, yummy champagne like the orange label (sorry I can't remember how to spell it). We also got a dozen red roses once for our flowers and other times a gorgeous centerpiece. Also a much larger TV in the living room area if you want to watch it.

i hafta say star princess just doesnt get it when it comes to treatment of suite passengers

ordered dinner in room, were told we couldnt order from dining room menu

asked for table to eat dinner from and was told to use coffee table

no wine glasses in room

no rolls or butter served with dinner (but must admit we did not specifically ask)

salt and pepper served in those little paper bags like at burger king

didnt order dinner in suite again after first experience

poured rain one day in port, couldnt find umbrella in our room anywhere

towels must have been starched, they were so rough

priority tender tix meaningless, freinds without priority almost always had an earlier tender than us

finally, was perhaps the smallest (not the least expensive) suite we have ever occupied

i hafta say star princess just doesnt get it when it comes to treatment of suite passengers

ordered dinner in room, were told we couldnt order from dining room menu

asked for table to eat dinner from and was told to use coffee table

no wine glasses in room

no rolls or butter served with dinner (but must admit we did not specifically ask)

salt and pepper served in those little paper bags like at burger king

didnt order dinner in suite again after first experience

poured rain one day in port, couldnt find umbrella in our room anywhere

towels must have been starched, they were so rough

priority tender tix meaningless, freinds without priority almost always had an earlier tender than us

finally, was perhaps the smallest (not the least expensive) suite we have ever occupied

We have found a huge difference between suites on the larger ships vs the smaller ones.

We did have an umbrella for our use on the Pacific (in fact there were two large ones in the closet when we arrived), where as we didn't find one in any of our previous suites on the larger ships. If needed, we probably could have asked and received one though, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that point.

Dinner ordered in on the larger ships meant we always had to alert room service that we were in a full suite and explain fully. I do admit whatever you would like delivered, you must ask for (including rolls and butter), everything does not come as it would in the dining room. We also receive the packets of salt and pepper, and never thought anything of it, I have to admit, it never bothered either one of us.

As for the tender, did you actually go to get a tender ticket? With priority tender passes, you don't get a ticket, you just go directly to the tender deck and you get on the next tender, no number is needed, and there is no need to go to the lounge to get one.

If you want a LARGE full suite, try the smaller ships in the fleet, we found the difference was like between day and night. ;)

toto

we have had suites on several other ships, not all with princess thats why i said a star prob not a princess prob

tender tix told us to meet in a specific place, we did

i hear what you are saying

but i guess we just expect more and small or large ship, the service ought to be exemplary

just my point of view

and i do appreciate yours

j!m-I honestly understand where you are coming from on this, really. It should be the same no matter which Princess ship you sail on. I do admit, the suites on the larger ships we weren't as impressed with as we were on the smaller ones.

I am still a bit confused about the priority tender ticket though, probably as ours have never said anything on them as to direction to join the tender (maybe they have changed them again_). Come to think of it, I don't think we were ever instructed how to use the priority tender tickets, we just knew as we have been elite for some time and it is the same either way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived