Negril

Shekim

We have decided to take the ship's tour from Montego Bay for the Negril Beach Break. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place near Margaritaville for a good jerk restaurant? Would it be ok to catch a cab from there and wonder around but catch the ship's shuttle back to Montego Bay?

There's a wealth of knowledge on this board...can someone provide some information about Negril, cabs, local places to eat??? We would love some authenic jerk food and hoping to go someplace close by Margaritaville in Negril. Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Grab a taxi and go to the jerk hut across the street from the CocoLaPalm. The jerk chicken is incredible and you will get to interact with some Jamaicans. This place became part of our routine when we spent most of a week on Seven Mile Beach (retreated to an A-I at the end of the week, but that's another story). There shouldn't be any problems finding a taxi, and I don't think it is very far from Margaritaville to CocoLaPalm. Enjoy!

Grab a taxi and go to the jerk hut across the street from the CocoLaPalm. The jerk chicken is incredible and you will get to interact with some Jamaicans. This place became part of our routine when we spent most of a week on Seven Mile Beach (retreated to an A-I at the end of the week, but that's another story). There shouldn't be any problems finding a taxi, and I don't think it is very far from Margaritaville to CocoLaPalm. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for this information! Just what we were looking for. Silly question but taxis are trustworthy from Negril? I understand in MB you must look for the red plates (???). Will it be the same in Negril? Again...thanks for the info

Archived