Boo Hoo I Missed Out On OBC Sale

Kancruze

I saw the latest sale on NCL's website so I called to see if I could get some OBC for either of our next two cruises and was told coldly that the prices on both of our cruises had gone up and we could only get OBC if we rebooked and paid the current higher price. Which, of course; would be defeating the purpose.

I know I should have bargained a little better at the initial booking. My downfall :( Our cruises are not until next June.

Anybody else tried to get some OBC after they've booked a deposit? Were you successful and how did you do it?

I saw the latest sale on NCL's website so I called to see if I could get some OBC for either of our next two cruises and was told coldly that the prices on both of our cruises had gone up and we could only get OBC if we rebooked and paid the current higher price. Which, of course; would be defeating the purpose.

I know I should have bargained a little better at the initial booking. My downfall :( Our cruises are not until next June.

Anybody else tried to get some OBC after they've booked a deposit? Were you successful and how did you do it?

did you book directly with NCL or with a TA. If thru NCL you can cancel and rebook, that far off should be no cancel fee - but you might lose whatever cabin you have. if you booked thru a TA, the TA might charge you a fee, especially if it is a national travel or airline agency.

We booked a transatlantic cruise for next October through NCL two weeks ago. A week later I saw a price reduction, which NCL honored. Yesterday, I noticed a $75 OBC, which NCL also honored. I just called the 800 number in both cases.

I booked with NCL directly, RotaryMike and the guy I talked to said that if I rebooked, I'd have to pay the new price!!

Since it had gone up double for one cruise and $600 for the other, I said to **** with that and slammed the phone down. :D Well, that's what I would have liked to have done but I thanked him first and hung up. lol

Billco, I was calling the 800 number. The fellow did say that NCL would honor any reductions but that's it.

I booked with NCL directly, RotaryMike and the guy I talked to said that if I rebooked, I'd have to pay the new price!!

Since it had gone up double for one cruise and $600 for the other, I said to **** with that and slammed the phone down. :D Well, that's what I would have liked to have done but I thanked him first and hung up. lol

Billco, I was calling the 800 number. The fellow did say that NCL would honor any reductions but that's it.

LMAO!! That cracked me up!!!

I checked my booked cruise too. Fare stayed the same, but the OBC of $75/pp is less than our current OBC of $100/pp.

Of course, I was given the choice of what I wanted to do.. guess what I chose.

Sometimes it just works out that a sale isn't a sale for your cruise(s).

Just keep an eye open and between now and then, I bet you'll see some sales that benefit you.

I checked my booked cruise too. Fare stayed the same, but the OBC of $75/pp is less than our current OBC of $100/pp.

Just keep an eye open and between now and then, I bet you'll see some sales that benefit you.

Thanks Wink. That makes me feel better and gives me hope. :) I will keep an eye out for sure. Having no OBC just stinks!

Thanks Wink. That makes me feel better and gives me hope. I will keep an eye out for sure. Having no OBC just stinks. I'd feel so guilty paying for all of my own bar tab! :D

Thanks Wink. That makes me feel better and gives me hope. I will keep an eye out for sure. Having no OBC just stinks. I'd feel so guilty paying for all of my own bar tab! :D

LOL!!!! I hear that!

Archived