50th Anniversary - UBD or Specialty Restaurant?

canadiansnowbird

Hi All:

We are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary next July on an Alaskan cruise on the Golden.

We have a great aft cabin, balcony Caribe deck. Since it is an "Alaskan" cruise and the weather may not co-operate, would a specialty restaurant (Sabatini's or the Grill") be just as good?

Or should I order the UBD and take a chance and eat inside if the weather is not good.

Has anyone had the UBD in Alaskan waters?

Snowbird

I really have to say that this depends a whole lot on you and your spouse. DH and I did the UBD in Alaska and would probably do it again, especially with an aft cabin as there would likely be less wind. That being said it was cold. We bundled up and by the end my hands were like ice. Most of the evening was spent at port, but once we started moving it got worse.

If you would be happy doing this inside, then go for it, but if being stuck inside or freezing would ruin it for you then I would opt for one of the specialty restaurants.

Congratulations on this very special anniversary.

Hi All:

We are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary next July on an Alaskan cruise on the Golden.

We have a great aft cabin, balcony Caribe deck. Since it is an "Alaskan" cruise and the weather may not co-operate, would a specialty restaurant (Sabatini's or the Grill") be just as good?

Or should I order the UBD and take a chance and eat inside if the weather is not good.

Has anyone had the UBD in Alaskan waters?

Snowbird

Tony & Gail,

Can you please post your cabin number. 50th Wedding Anniversary, I want to send you a gift to your cabin. Kathie & Dave Ulmen

Because it may be cold in the evening I would do one of the Speciality Restaurants. Let Princess know or someone on board know that this is a very special occassion for you. I'm sure they can suggest some additional things during your dinner you might like. Perhaps a special cake or something like that.

Tony & Gail,

Can you please post your cabin number. 50th Wedding Anniversary, I want to send you a gift to your cabin. Kathie & Dave Ulmen

Kathie & Dave:

That's very thoughtful and kind of you.....The best neighbor we ever had was in Florida, they were a couple originally from N. Carolina and he was a Marine Sergeant. What a great couple they were!

We have the the immensely popular cabin C753.... Are you on our cruise? If not, have a happy New Years on your coming cruise.

I will wait until I see the weather that is forecast for Alaska at that time before I decide. If it was in Southern cruises, no problem.

Snowbird

Archived