Artemis dress code.

Bling-Bling

Hi folks,

This is my first post, so sorry to bring up dress code again !

We are travelling on our first cruise to the Caribbean in January.

As I am sure it will be very hot, on the semi formal nights does my husband need a jacket, or is just a smart shirt acceptable.

Also could he wear smart leather sandles at night.

Many thanks for any advise

Assuming you are talking about a fly cruise and not a cruise from Southampton there will only be 4 formal evenings in a 14 night cruise and the rest will be smart casual. For smart casual trousers and shirt, without tie or jacket will be fine. As for sandals, well, I'm not sure if sandals would look right in the restaurant in the evening, and he would never think of wearing socks with sandals would he! My husband usually wears either a pair of slip-on leather shoes or something like docksiders. In fact he will probably wear those shoes on the flight to reduce weight and we will put his dinner shoes in the hand luggage. Why are men's shoes so heavy?

If, on the other hand, you are cruising out of or back to Southampton to or from the Caribbean I believe you may have some informal evenings which would require a jacket (again wear it on the plane) but I'm sure someone will come along and say whether I am correct in this.

Have a great cruise. We are off to the Panama Canal in January and really looking forward to it.:)

annieuk,

Many thanks for your reply, that helps a lot. Whatever he desides there will be no socks allowed !

We can't wait ! Thanks again

Is this the 24th Jan P002 cruise, we are on that one, quite looking forward to it, nice bit of winter sunshine.:D

annieuk,

Many thanks for your reply, that helps a lot. Whatever he desides there will be no socks allowed !

We can't wait ! Thanks again

Is this the 24th Jan P002 cruise, we are on that one, quite looking forward to it, nice bit of winter sunshine.:D I see you are from Cornwall, sorry, but we are grockles who even tow caravans to your lovely county:D:D

Archived