Car Rental in Skagway for September

Sailkeywest

Their closing date varies a bit from year to year - phone them direct next summer if you still want to rent a car. You'll have no problem getting a car either from Avis or Sourdough, as most people don't even get off the ship on the last sailings (you can see photos from the final day of this past season at http://explorenorth.com/wordpress/?p=383 )

The photos look absolutely gorgeous to me :) We don't like crowds and I haven't seen fall since I was a child. The entire place could be completely empty and we would love it! But how can I "have no problem" getting a car if the Avis site is saying they are "closed for the season" on that date?

Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

The "date" for closing next Sept. at this time is 9/16. It may be open through the weekend, but probably not much later. These cars go back to Anchorage.

The only other option is Sourdough, which with my past, problems with, I won't rent from them. But in your timeframe, your only option, probably.

Archived