Health Question

tollfarm

You'll be given a sheet of paper that is a questionaire.

If you answer the flu like symptoms question as a yes or the other questions, you'll be directed to a medical person. Not sure what happens from there whether they take temp and ask more questions or what.

But if you are running a temp and/or have flu like symptoms, then NO, they will most likely not allow you to board.

Let's see,,,the affidavit says something to the affect of Carnival knownly or should have known that they allowed passengers on board a cruise who were contagious with possible H1N1 virus. During said cruise 1000 passengers became very ill with flu like symptoms.

No,,,I don't think Carnival or any cruiseline for that matter wants that liability or publicity.

Our friend Susan obviously lied on her form, and told us her allergies were acting up, she was too congested to sleep ... and gave us both what she had. I guess I was stupid to believe her in the first place, who is allergic to salt water in the air? No plants around.

PaulMedik posted a photo of his questionaire in his review.

After presenting my credit card and receiving our S&S cards we received one last form to complete. The first area of the form was about children under the age of 18 and I had to slash through that area which seemed odd. The next area of the form required me to lie to avoid seeing the ships doctor immediately upon boarding; the form asks if I or anyone close to me has been in contact with a confirmed H1N1 infected person. I lost count of how many H1N1 infected persons I had been in close contact with. I don't even check anymore to see if they are H1N1 infected after I test them in triage. I prefer not to lie, but in this case it would have been pointless to answer truthfully because I know I have tested more people than the people who would be testing me had tested so why bother? It was nice to see that steps are being taken to protect the cruise population, but health care providers need an exemptive statement so we aren't forced to lie. I did struggle with the answer, but I looked at Karen and she said just choose No, so I did. Sometimes it makes sense to listen to your wife!

Anyhow, here's the form that forced me to lie (and forced me to take a picture at the desk in VIP boarding which is also a taboo thing) ;

2048174940065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived