Vegetarian Meals

Does anyone here have any experience with the quality of the vegetarian options aboard the RSSC ships?

On our first cruise (with any line) coming up in just a couple of weeks, we'll be sailing on the Navigator from Istanbul to Rome. Regent advises in their materials that they have "vegetarian and spa cuisine", so I"m just curious.

I'm not a strict vegetarian, but like to go meatless whenever that's possible. Some well-prepared lighter options under the heading of "spa cuisine" would be great, also.

Does anyone here have any experience with the quality of the vegetarian options aboard the RSSC ships?

On our first cruise (with any line) coming up in just a couple of weeks, we'll be sailing on the Navigator from Istanbul to Rome. Regent advises in their materials that they have "vegetarian and spa cuisine", so I"m just curious.

I'm not a strict vegetarian, but like to go meatless whenever that's possible. Some well-prepared lighter options under the heading of "spa cuisine" would be great, also.

search on the threads for" Mariner Menu" or something like that -someone(I think Dave) posted all the menus from all of the resturants from a recent cruise. There were a lot of vegetarian options-esp if you like pasta

I agree with the above. My wife is a vegetarian and a picky eater. She enjoys her meals on Regent much more than land based restaurants. Not as wide a choice of mains as for non-veggies, but a decent range nevertheless. La Verandah is very good.

In the main dining room, every menu that I have seen includes vegetarian, low falt, low salt and "spa" type options. In addition, though I'm omnivorous and salt- and fat- tolerant myself, I understand from other posters and guests I've spoken with on board, that with advance notice of special dietary preferences and/or requirements Regent will prepare any reasonable special requests you wish, subject to availability of ingredients.

My daughter and son-in-law are vegetarians. On our last cruise they had wonderful choices for meals. Lots of fish, pasta and very creative meals. You should not have a problem

If they eat fish they are not vegetarian :)

However I can also add that the true vegetarian options on our last Regent cruise were always tempting so I'd expect there to be no problems.

I'm a vegetarian and Regent is one of the better cruiselines for food variety if you happen to be a vegetarian. There was plenty to choose from and even a couple of times there were dishes with tofu rather then having nothing but pasta ad nauseum. It may be more challenging though if you happen to be a vegan.

Pat

I too am not a meat eater although I do enjoy fish. Regent has always had many delicious and interesting options for me and those like me. They are also always willing to work with you - if you can describe it they can usually prepare it whether its on a buffet or menu. One of my favorite breakfast is eggs benedict without the meat replaced by steamed spinach and crab. You will not go hungry.

Great to know that the vegetarian options are interesting and varied. Since we're restricted to dinner on board ship on most days, it will be nice to look forward to something creative, rather than simply another uninspired pasta dish with a choice between cream or red sauce.

I've made it a point on our last few trips to seek out at least one vegetarian restaurant in each city, and that's been an interesting addition to our travels.

The point of the trip for us isn't the dining, it's the travel and the overall experience, but a lovely dinner to end the day is always welcome.

Because many of the cooking staff are Indonesian you can ask for and will receive some tasty things - again maybe not on the menu. Lunch in LaVeranda can be boring but I have asked on occasion for a variation to the pasta - stir fried rice with veggies, etc. and always got it. Had to wait but always received something tasty. I try to eat from the buffet or the menus but sometimes you are just tired of the choices. It never hurts to ask.

Archived