Roll Call: December 14th, 2009 10 night Ultimate Caribbean on Celebrity Equinox.

WehoAtlantis

Hi Mike and Paul, Tom & Ken here from Phoenix, We were on the Solstice last year and really liked the ship. We do quite a bit of cruising (on ships), I know where some peoples minds lead them with that statement 8-) Look forward to meeting you on board.

Hi Tom and Ken, what did you think of the Radiance OTS? We did not like it as much as Explorer but the Sea View Cafe with the Fish n Chips at the back of the ship was great. Looking forward to our Equinox Cruise and seeing who else is onboard. See ya there.

Mike

Hi Tom and Ken, what did you think of the Radiance OTS? We did not like it as much as Explorer but the Sea View Cafe with the Fish n Chips at the back of the ship was great. Looking forward to our Equinox Cruise and seeing who else is onboard. See ya there.

Mike

This was our 2nd trip on the Radiance. She is a beautiful ship, but starting to show her age. (Like the rest of us)

Didn't do the Seaview this time, but liked the food on the last one.

We were on the 2nd voyage of the Solstice last year and I really like the Martini bar and its frozen bar top. Liked the grass area and the glass blowing demos also. Really looking forward to the Equinox.

This board is sure slow, but maybe it will pick up the closer to sailing, sure there are more family sailing.

Take care and see you in Dec.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, Paul, Ken, Tom -

Everett...from New York City. I have been on 3 cruises before. I'll be on the Equinox with my friend John from Toronto. It's his first cruise. Looking forward to meeting you.

I had a very hard time finding this post. Maybe that's why this thread is so quiet. My suggestion for the future is the following: post the name of the ship and the date only. Not "roll call" and not the title of the cruise. It just makes it easier to scan and find. If you like, we could try starting a new thread and see if it works. Let me know.

Everett

Hi Bryan, Allen, Everett, and John. Welcome to the board. Would have answered sooner but was out of town and just returned last night.

Just booked our hotel through Priceline for 2 nights pre cruise and got the Hilton Marina right on 17th St. right by the bridge (Formerly the Grande) for $46 a nite. Not bad for a 4* hotel.

We will be flying in on Sat. the 12th and spending a day in Ft. Lauderdale prior to the cruise.

See you all in a month.

Hi guys,

We are from Belgium and arrive on saturday 12 Dec we didn't book a hotel yet any suggestions? We were on Equinox on her maiden trip in August and we liked the ship

very much so we booked this caribbean trip. Hope to meet you on board.

Toon & Romain

Welcome Toon & Romain, glad you found this board. We are also arriving the 12th. We just booked a room at the Hilton Marina right on 17th St. real close to the docks. We booked through Priceline and got the room for $46 a nite, the advertised rate starts at $139.

Look forward to meeting you next month.

• 4 weeks later...
Any plans for us to meet up? John (Toronto) and I (Everett from New York) will be in Continental 6127. Email erl_nyc@yahoo.com. 917-696-2644.

Can't wait!

Everett Leiter and John Pacocha

Hi All, how about meeting in the Martini Bar at a Designated time? We are in 8161.

In Ft Lauderdale right now, overlooking the Cruise piers from our hotel. See you all tomorrow!!!!

Tom & Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, Paul --

Ian here -- (for the rest of you, the seven foot tall fellow trying to avoid those damn green exit signs in the hallways) Good to meet you two on my first major cruise. We're already pre-booking the Miami to Valpairiso via the Canal for next December; that'll be a blast.

Thanks all for such a great cruising experience! Of all the Islands I think I'll be returning to Dominica again for a longer stay!

Ian

Ian, we enjoyed your company and thanks for going to the heliport send off with me. I won't forget it or you. I will post our photos when we get home. In Ft. Myers Florida visiting Paul's brothers. Be back in Los Angeles on the 26th.

Happy cruising and save the waves,

Mike and Paul

West Hollywood CA.

Archived