Nachi Cocom without a reservation - anyone done this?

Tabbymom

We prefer not to reserve ahead of time (not sure how we'll feel that day or what the weather will be). We will be the only ship in port so don't expect Nachi Cocom to be full. There's been vague references in other threads to people just showing up and getting in - but has anyone actually done this? Has anyone called ahead from the pier to make sure it was OK (not sure if there is actually anyone answering phones)?

I've read all about making reservations so don't need advice on that. :)

It does sound like a lovely relaxing day albeit somewhat expensive, especially since I don't drink too much at a time. Weaker drinks would be better for me - a couple of strong ones could finish me for the day.:p But oh that pool looks fine!

Thanks -

I wanted to add that we reserved ahead of time and the cab driver did not ask for any paperwork. Also, there were only about 30 people (at most) the day we were there. I cannot imagine that if others had shown up that they would have been turned away. I wish now that I would have asked!

Cheala since you are going to be there on Saturday can you ask and then we will all know. I would be curious how much it costs too since I suspect that the part that we prepaid goes to the tour company and the rest goes to the Nachi people.

I had thought the same as you........not wanting to make reservations prior. After meeting another couple on ship, and deciding to go to Nachi for our day, I contacted the website from the ship the night before and received a written response that it would be ok to go without reservations. The four of us got a taxi and showed up. We told the taxi driver we did not have reservations but had confirmed it would be ok. When we entered, we told staff who ok'd it, and they asked for our $49 each. There were only about 10-15 people when we were there. The food, drinks, service, and pool were very nice. This was in July '09, and the swinne flu had kept many cruisers from Mexico.

• 1 year later...

A few months back my daughter and I just showed up. The taxi driver did ask for the reservation paper, I told him we didn't have one, but to just drop us there. I think they charged us $5 extra for no reservation. We were on RCI and there were folks there from Carnival. It was relatively empty.

We have made reservations at Nachi Cocum for our March Cruise. I don't mind if they allow people to walk in the day of, as long as they keep the number of people within the 100 person quota.

We are paying to NOT be on a crowded beach.

Archived