Mini Suite on the Dawn

~Jo~

We booked an AF Mini Suite on the Dawn for April. The cabin supposedly accomodates 4 people. From the pictures, I can't really tell much. How is it set up? Bunk beds from the ceiling? Or is it the couch that turns into a queen bed? The couch looks pretty small to me.

Thanks,

~Jo~

I'm in an AF mini-suite on the Dawn 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'll try to remember to take some pictures. I'll be gone 2 weeks but if you don't have what you need by the time I get back, remind me.

just looking to confirm... with a mini suite you get

slightly larger room

bath tub

upgraded toiletries

curtain/divider between the "living room" and bed

bowl of fresh fruit refilled as it is emptied?

is that correct? did I miss anything? I assume the mini suite extras are pretty much the same on all ships?

Thanks

Not sure if this photo will help you much - only angle I have from the 2007 Dawn cruise.

OP - are you talking about 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids? From memory, it would be rather a tight squeeze for 4 grown-ups I think. When folding out sofa-bed, you'll probably have to climb over it to get onto balcony, as there is a table and fridge at the other end of it. I'll be on the same cruise as MrLee, will take some shots as well.

NCL%20Dawn%20281007%20%200006.JPG

just looking to confirm... with a mini suite you get

slightly larger room

bath tub

upgraded toiletries

curtain/divider between the "living room" and bed

bowl of fresh fruit refilled as it is emptied?

is that correct? did I miss anything? I assume the mini suite extras are pretty much the same on all ships?

Thanks

Correct. They should be called deluxe balconies because you do not get any suite perks.

The sofa turns into a very small double bed, suitable for kids or one adult and one kid. 4 adults will be very tight!!

Happy sails:)

In the Balcony sitting area the 'sofa' is a loveseat. It unfolds forwards and, when unfolded, blocks the door to the balcony!! A BIG problem for some of us who like to stay up late or go out on the balcony very early. That bed is really one good for one adult. --- In the Mini-suite the 'sofa' is actually a sofa. It unfolds sideways and leaves enough room for someone to walk past the bed and access the balcony. It also results in a larger sleeping surface, big enough for two adults, if they are friendly.... There are 3 of us who travel together but because of this difference, can only go into a mini-suite - the one cruise we took in a balcony on the Dawn was quite uncomfortable.

Thank you all for your comments! We have always travelled in an inside before so I'm sure this will be more than fine for us.

Mr. Lee, you are very right in not publishing your cabin # here, I wasn't thinking. We are also on deck 11, mid-ship port side.

Looking forward to our cruise~~~

~Jo~

Archived