Any1 dressing up for Halloween? What are you wearing?

Jods00

I'm not fond of wearing costumes at all, mostly because they are uncomfortable. But, where I work they have asked us to (2nd job on Saturdays in a luggage store) so I have decided to go as a tourist. I can wear my own comfortable clothing with a few tweaks. Socks with Birkenstocks, a fanny pack, stupid hat and a camera case around my neck.

I don't have any souvenir T-shirts (never buy them) so I'll have to wear a tropical shirt from my husbands closet.

Last year a friend bought one of those cheap plastic garment bags and put stickers all over it and went as misplaced luggage .. it was easy and took up no packing room ..

But I love MisUnderstood and Bar-Fly .......

I'm not fond of wearing costumes at all, mostly because they are uncomfortable. But, where I work they have asked us to (2nd job on Saturdays in a luggage store) so I have decided to go as a tourist. I can wear my own comfortable clothing with a few tweaks. Socks with Birkenstocks, a fanny pack, stupid hat and a camera case around my neck.

I don't have any souvenir T-shirts (never buy them) so I'll have to wear a tropical shirt from my husbands closet.

I hope you have plaid shorts and black knee high socks! LOL, please share a photo.

Our local community is too rural for "trick-r-treating" so we usually have a community Halloween party. However my kids both have activities the night of the paryt, so I will not be dressing up.

However, I am doing a show in December, wher I will have a segment that will be a tribute to Liza Minelli. If I do have an occasion I will wear my Liza costume: a Black wig, and black feathered pants suit. I love Liza, I loved her show getting a Tony this year. I love hear Kander and Ebb songs. She's a jewel.

However, I am doing a show in December, wher I will have a segment that will be a tribute to Liza Minelli. If I do have an occasion I will wear my Liza costume: a Black wig, and black feathered pants suit. I love Liza, I loved her show getting a Tony this year. I love hear Kander and Ebb songs. She's a jewel.

Watch the clip here:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/penelope-therapy/926141/

One of the best things she's done all year.

Perfect Comedy Timing!:D

So I thought of an idea today just need to figure out the execution. I am thinking along the Balloon Boy theme, and go as the big silver mylar balloon. any suggestions on how to make this will be helpful.

So I thought of an idea today just need to figure out the execution. I am thinking along the Balloon Boy theme, and go as the big silver mylar balloon. any suggestions on how to make this will be helpful.

You've got two ways to do this (I just thought of...)

For reference, here's the Weather Balloon:

balloon-boy-balloon-but-no-box.jpg

#1 Get a Chef's Hat from the Party Store. Spray Paint Silver.

Can you see it?

215615_th.jpg

#2 For more accurate silvery balloon look...

Get a Round Mylar balloon. It will be almost the proper shape if you lay it on it's side.

Get an inexpensive silver plastic tablecloth.

Get an inexpensive rimless hat.

Tape the balloon on top of the hat.

Cover with the silver tablecloth.

Use silver duct tape, to secure around the bottom of the hat, so it takes the shape of the Mushroom-ish Weather Balloon.

All of that can be purchased at the party store (expect maybe duct tape).

Trying to illustrate my thoughts here:

Hat.jpgBalloonBoy.jpg

One of those should work really well!

Have fun, and let us know how it turns out.

I too thought of the Balloon Boy idea.

I was one of the millions of people glued to my TV last Thursday? Watching the Milar Baloon and thinking there was 6 year old in it.

Then I heard 'We did this for a show" and well... we all knew the truth. Maybe the Milar Chef Hat and a Card Board TV box with one of those scrolling banners on the bottom tuned to your favorite news channel?

• 3 weeks later...

Thats great! Is it a wig, or have you cut and colored your hair since the avatar pic? I like it short and dark on you.

Cruise over. Did'nt feel well Halloween night, so no costume for me, but tons of people did dress up. Very imaginetive. bad speller, sorry.

Archived