March/April

JoKen1

I'm thinking of booking my next cruise. No idea where to go. I've never been to Caribbean before or Bahamas so I'm thinking I should go there.

Is weather good there then?

Would you go out of New York to Bahamas or go to FL and try out the Oasis to Caribbean?

Looking for the most bang for my buck!

Thanks for your help in picking what I should do.

It's always warm in the Caribbean...and spring is a lovely time. I would go out of a Florida port, if the warm weather is important...in Mar. and Apr. it's still pretty chilly in NY---and you'll have cool weather for at least a full day, coming and going....more "bang" for your buck out of Fl.---weather-wise.

Those months are "spring break" for much of the country---and it doesn't confine itself to only 1 or 2 weeks----it goes on for almost 2 months! That means, there will be more kids aboard, but they really don't bother anyone (except their parents!!!)

I am from the New England area and I would advise anyone to stay away from the Atlantic period for cruising. We came close to the Atlantic once on one of our cruises and that was the year of the huge rogue wave and trust me, my fear was justified. The water was rough and I would never do it again.

Also my daughter went out of New Jersey and she found the Atlantic rough.

My opinion is stay in the Caribbean, it's so beautiful and calm and clear. It's also warm no matter what time of year you go.

If you are coming from the NE, you might want to check out a deep Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. You have a few options that will get you there relatively cheaply out of NYC. You will surely find great weather and excellent beach opportunities on that route.

Archived