Cruising on the Inspiration tomorrow...am I ready for the alleged changes...

Well, I leave tomorrow on the Inspiration, my first time on that ship but my fifth cruise on Carnival. I last cruised on the Freedom six months ago, in March...as always, had a great time!

But I checked into the trusty boards last week for the first time since March, and read about the new changes/cutbacks...

I'm determined to have a great cruise, no matter what! But, I'm a bit apprehensive about the rumors...

I mean, I love free drinks and those silly little meatballs at the captain's party; I shall be sad to not see those... :(

I was a bit disturbed by the pic of the drink menu from the dining room and iced tea being sold for 1.95 :confused:

But I am totally looking forward to the new water slide and the Serenity area...I don't know if that will make up for tiny free meatballs and tiny whisky sours, also free, but I'll do my best :D

Don't worry - I don't think the changes are as drastic as you are thinking. We just got off the Triumph and had a great time!

Iced Tea is still free 24/7 in the Lido and in the MDR.

No free drinks at the Captain's party, but there are free drinks at the "Fun Farewell" party.

Have fun!!

I think you have misunderstood. The $1.95 is some kind of canned I think, the regular ice tea is still free, no change. Someone who didnt even drink it exaggerated it in the title of the thread.

The Captains party was replaced by a hour of free drinks the last sea day ... as John replied on his blog .. you still get the same one hour of drinks, why are people up in arms.. he doesnt get it. Plus they take $1 off drinks in a certain area during the Captains Party... so you havent lost any free drinks.

There are still those snacks at the welcome back party.

I think you are not reading the whole threads and continuing the negatives to repost some of this stuff. Dont go with such a negative mind set...

Thank you for the friendly clarification firefly :) I was not "continuing the negatives to repost some of this stuff..." I simply made a mistake by not reading thoroughly, as you pointed out.

I'm sorry if I caused people, such as yourself, to think otherwise.

I think you have misunderstood. The $1.95 is some kind of canned I think, the regular ice tea is still free, no change. Someone who didnt even drink it exaggerated it in the title of the thread.

The Captains party was replaced by a hour of free drinks the last sea day ... as John replied on his blog .. you still get the same one hour of drinks, why are people up in arms.. he doesnt get it. Plus they take $1 off drinks in a certain area during the Captains Party... so you havent lost any free drinks.

There are still those snacks at the welcome back party.

I think you are not reading the whole threads and continuing the negatives to repost some of this stuff. Dont go with such a negative mind set...

Oh, a Fun Farewell party?! That sounds fun...I shall do some research on the boards on whether or not I dress up for that, etc...

Thanks for the info :)

Don't worry - I don't think the changes are as drastic as you are thinking. We just got off the Triumph and had a great time!

Iced Tea is still free 24/7 in the Lido and in the MDR.

No free drinks at the Captain's party, but there are free drinks at the "Fun Farewell" party.

Have fun!!

Oh, a Fun Farewell party?! That sounds fun...I shall do some research on the boards on whether or not I dress up for that, etc...

Thanks for the info :)

thats the one hour party with free drinks I mentioned on the last sea day. No need to dress up.

I think it is ok....you get the free drinks at the end of the cruise not at the beginning

I personally think that maybe they want people who are "dressed up" (elegant night) to spend money on photos and pose for lots of them...rather than belly up to the bar for the free drinks

the last night of the cruise is probably a slow night for the photogs...no one feels like getting dressed up...may have gained a few pounds LOL...may have braids in hair, sunburn etc...

so have the drinks then...IMHO maybe a smart marketing move

I appreciate anything that helps Carnival's bottom line while still allowing us to cruise at the great rates we get..

any way you look at it, these cruises are a great "bang for the buck"

Go with a postitive attitude and you will have a great time. I have been traveling Carnival for 8 years, and have not noticed the cutbacks. I guess whatever they are cutting, isn't something I cared about anyways. I have noticed that they have the flat iron steak every night now, but there are so many choices that it doesn't bother me. I know a lot of people are upset about the pins, but I always left the pins on the vanity anyways. A lot of people like them, but what do people do with them? I think that it is smart to sell them. If someone really wants one, it should be worth the few dollars to buy one. I am sure a lot of people just threw them away.

Archived