Bartenders & Tips

dual

Just a question on tipping the bar staff.

Do the same staff work the same bars each day/night? and if you tip extra.....do the bar staff ever give you any "free" drinks or "lovely" portions?? :)

Also - do you tip extra with every drink you order? Is that the done thing?

Many thanks

We've NEVER tipped "upfront", and our drinks are strong enough to walk home on their own. The 15% they add to the bill is ample, but if we frequent a particular bar/bartender, on the last night, we will give them a little "sumpin'" extra.... If they put anymore alcohol in the drink, they'd need a bigger glass.....they are VERY generous with the portions!

We've never waited to be served or had bad service due to NOT tipping in advance...it's just not necessary.

I've never had a lot of drinks on my cruises but every so often I'll get the drink of the day or a mojito. Really I find just being friendly gets me a good drink. On a cruise a few years ago I went to the juice bar everyday for a smoothie and on the last day I got a free smoothie.

I agree that bartenders will often look after you for extra tips but they are often quite friendly and just saying hi and being friendly help too. On one cruise I met a great bartender on the first day and chatted with him everyday for the rest of the cruise. He didn't care that I rarely ordered anything and I know this because everyday he would make it a point to come and talk to me for a few minutes. Maybe it's just a Trinidad thing though because the other people I know from there are super friendly too:):)

We had a pool server who was tipped well he brought us buckets of beer 4/5 couples at one point he didnt ask for cards We had thougt they were comps tipped more naturaly .when leaving pool ran into another couple who had sent the 2 buckets over.Buy backs are not policy.Tipping is for good service.

Archived