Snorkling with Island Girl - Dec 8

s&f4travel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We have also done this day sail 2x. Hope this link works for my photos from Oct.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=20313&id=1649754474

Hi Thestapels,

we are booked on the Island Girl in April and very excited about it. Love the way Mike and Debbie have treated us so far thru our emails and the booking process. A few questions we have for you are 1) those pictures on your facebook with all of the fish and coral and everything else, is that what we're actually going to see when we snorkel? And 2) My wife and I are an older couple 60 and 55 so we're kind of concerned about getting in and out of the water. Is it pretty easy to get back on the sailboat? We had a bad experience with that in Cozumel last spring. I know this is a world of differance between a little fishing boat verses a nice sailboat. We can't wait!

Flatman, We did a half day sail with Island Girl in Nov. I looked at Thestapels pictures, and yes that is about what you will see. You will enjoy your day. We just sat at the edge of the sailboat and pushed in, it was about a five foot drop into the water. There was a ladder to get up out of the water. If you can climb up about five rungs on a ladder, you should be ok. Also Mike was always trying to help us and make sure we were ok. Enjoy your sail.

Flatman, We did a half day sail with Island Girl in Nov. I looked at Thestapels pictures, and yes that is about what you will see. You will enjoy your day. We just sat at the edge of the sailboat and pushed in, it was about a five foot drop into the water. There was a ladder to get up out of the water. If you can climb up about five rungs on a ladder, you should be ok. Also Mike was always trying to help us and make sure we were ok. Enjoy your sail.

Oh Topspot, thanks for this info. Now we really can't wait. I'm not a very good snorkeler, but I'm looking forward to the scooter helping me along.

I can't believe you saw so many turtles. Is this common in this area? I would love to see a sea turtle in the water. I've seen many come up on the shores of South Carolina's Edisto Beach and lay eggs, and witnessed the eggs hatching out and the babies scrambling back towards the water. They say out of about 100 eggs, only 1 reaches adult hood before it's eaten by some preditor. No wonder they're so protected these days.

Archived