Whale Watching In Dominica

Kitcito

My Wife, I and her sister would like to go Whale watching when in Dominica. We are on the Celebrity Exquinox and will be In Dominica Sunday Dec. 20, 2009. My question is I'm having trouble finding a tour company, and one that will do a tour in the morning. If anyone has any tour companys they have used or web sites, or advice we would be grateful. If you want to email me directly below if my email address.

ksfalconberry@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Keith & Sandra:D

My Wife, I and her sister would like to go Whale watching when in Dominica. We are on the Celebrity Exquinox and will be In Dominica Sunday Dec. 20, 2009. My question is I'm having trouble finding a tour company, and one that will do a tour in the morning. If anyone has any tour companys they have used or web sites, or advice we would be grateful. If you want to email me directly below if my email address.

ksfalconberry@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Keith & Sandra:D

I have recently been in touch with the Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center http://www.anchoragehotel.dm/main/ and they said they would do a 10AM whale watch excursion for cruise ship passengers when we are in Dominica in December. I just sent them an email this morning inquiring about how to formally make a reservation.

You can also try to google "Dominica whale watch" for a couple of other tour operators.

I have recently been in touch with the Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center http://www.anchoragehotel.dm/main/ and they said they would do a 10AM whale watch excursion for cruise ship passengers when we are in Dominica in December. I just sent them an email this morning inquiring about how to formally make a reservation.

You can also try to google "Dominica whale watch" for a couple of other tour operators.

Charlie,

Thanks alot, I looked at the same tour company but there web page said that it was only in the afternoon so I'll try to contact them today.

Keith

we are signed up with Islandstyle fishing - they do a tour in the morning. We are going in January - hopefully at least two other people will sign up because if not, no tour!!!

I looked at Anchorage's site but it says they go only two days per week, wednesday and one other day, if I remember right. Is that what they told you?

we are signed up with Islandstyle fishing - they do a tour in the morning. We are going in January - hopefully at least two other people will sign up because if not, no tour!!!

I looked at Anchorage's site but it says they go only two days per week, wednesday and one other day, if I remember right. Is that what they told you?

Coffeegirl23,

I have contacted Anchorage's site by email and they will in fact do a morning cruise on Sunday when we will be there. Below is the email they sent so I hope this helps.

Hello Keith,

Warm greeting from the Anchorage Hotel, Whale Watch and Dive Center. We thank you dearly for the interest in our establishment and in the services that we provide.

Our boats (60’ powered catamaran or 75’ sailing catamaran) depart the dock every Wednesday, Saturdays and Sunday at 2:00 pm and return at 5:30. The overall time for the tour is 31/2 hours. For cruise ship client we will depart at 10:00am.

We confirm Whale Watch on the 20th December 2009. Kindly find below our rates for your review:

US57.50 per person inclusive of

Whale Watch Excursion

All taxes

Children between the ages of 5 – 12 years pays half off this price.

US$28.75 per person inclusive of

Whale Watch Excursion

All Taxes

Enjoy the refreshments, fresh fruit juice, water and rum punch while our experienced naturalists thrill you with their knack of finding our friends by using the hydrophone and identifying them.

Ask about Scar! Our juvenile male sperm whale

Please note that our main season for whale watching is October to May with a sight rate of 90%, however we have an overall year round sight rate of 85%.

Sperm Whales are our main focus however we cannot leave out our amazing friends/entertainers the spinner, spotted, Fraser and bottlenose dolphins.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us we will be happy to assist.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Ms. Joseph

Hope this helps everyone.

Keith & Sandra

Hey pizzachef (I love pizza!) - I tried to go to the site and only got something else, and someone the other day said that too, so I just sent them an email and let them know of the problem and hopefully we'll find out what is up with it. I will let you know when they respond.

Hey pizzachef (I love pizza!) - I tried to go to the site and only got something else, and someone the other day said that too, so I just sent them an email and let them know of the problem and hopefully we'll find out what is up with it. I will let you know when they respond.[/quot

I have also went to there page and also called the phone number on the page but It's not working either. In an previous post I gave two different company's that do the whale watching tour. I think we are going to just book with the other company since they have responded. Let me know if anyone else want's to sign up as well.

Keith & Sandra

I had an email from Islandstyle fishing telling me their website is working again and I checked and it is!

Skiiergirl - I researched it and it seems many people do see whales around Dominica! There is something about the topography which makes it ideal for them so they stay around there year round.

I had an email from Islandstyle fishing telling me their website is working again and I checked and it is!

Skiiergirl - I researched it and it seems many people do see whales around Dominica! There is something about the topography which makes it ideal for them so they stay around there year round.

Thanks so much.

Archived