Let's get new PORTS OF CALL, CARNIVAL!!!

tjeanty

Hello! You know, I really love Carnival, I really do. It's affordable, all while giving me a great vacation; HOWEVER, I would love for Carnival to add new ports of call like Martinique, Guadeloupe, and other locations in the Caribbean. I was on another cruiseline's website, I forget the name, but I guess the reason why I stick with Carnival is because it's fairly inexpensive. Is there any reason why Carnival hasn't added new places, like the aforementioned to their itineraries?

Hello! You know, I really love Carnival, I really do. It's affordable, all while giving me a great vacation; HOWEVER, I would love for Carnival to add new ports of call like Martinique, Guadeloupe, and other locations in the Caribbean. I was on another cruiseline's website, I forget the name, but I guess the reason why I stick with Carnival is because it's fairly inexpensive. Is there any reason why Carnival hasn't added new places, like the aforementioned to their itineraries?

In case you didn't notice, there are 10 sailings to some new ports. On the Miracle. Get one of those before they are all gone :p Try is thread for more info about a Possible CC Group http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1076346

There is still a lot of ports I've yet to do and I just went Platinum! There are the central america destinations (Costa Rica and Panama) on Liberty that look interesting. Just did Grand Turk has a year ago, it has only been an option for a few years and I liked it a lot! Legend has an 8-day that hits Saint Lucia and Saint Kitts/Nevis along with some of the same old, same old. Belize and Roatan both warrent multiple shore-days, the stop in Calica makes Playa De Carman a more realistic option than the ferry from Cozumel (Seen Tulum but want to do one of the eco-parks), Progresso will at some point let me see more of the mayan ruins. I've not done the west coast so that would be new for me. And of course there are the new home ports for pre/post cruise options (Charleston is high on my list for a new departure ports.) Oh, and I've yet to do the Panama Canal or Alsaka (Although Alsaka will likely be on a different line.) One of those Hawaii repositioning cruises would be amazing to do as well.

A greater variety is always nice, but honestly while every island in teh Carribean is unique, as a cruise traveler you have limited time and often just don't get to feel the unique vine of a place. To me the islands seem to me to be a blur of similar beaches and what not, and the really unique islands like the ABC's and some of the smaller places are either too small or too far away. Rather than new islands I really like that central America has opened up more.

Granted I'm tired of having to go to either Nassau, Cozumel or St. Thomas (Is there a Carribean cruise that doesn't make you stop in at least one of these?) but for me there is still lots of places left to go to.

Location, location, location...

A lot of the problem with adding new ports is location. How far from the homeport, how much is the fuel burn, etc...

I'm sure they could do new ports but how many folks would want to do a 7 day cruise with two ports (other than me...)???

They MIGHT be able to add some ports if they sailed at flank speed but the fuel burn would be crazy (not CRAZIE...) and the loss of ports due to conditions would increase. You can't sail through high seas the same way you can flat seas...

One thing is for sure, the folks at Carnival read these boards and take our opinions into consideration so threads like this sure don't hurt...

:)

I seemed to remember when Carnival dropped Antigua several weeks ago because they wanted to add a new port of call to their itinerary that plenty of people here at CC complained at it.

They just changed it from Antigua to St. Martin........which is not a new port of call

I'm sure they could do new ports but how many folks would want to do a 7 day cruise with two ports (other than me...)???

You might be surprised. We cruise for the ports. And having done ten cruises now, we've been to a lot of them. We just finished the Legend 7 day west itinerary and we both commented that we would pay extra if they skipped Belize altogether and spent more time in Roatan. Others I have talked to felt the same way. I know that the cruise line gets kick backs from the ports for stopping there, but it seems like they would also get more revenue by keeping people on the ship for an additional sea day. I much prefer 3 longer port days, versus 4 shorter ones on a 7 day cruise. I would also like to see more overnight port stays. I would seriously pay big dough for a 7 day cruise with two overnight stops, one in Cozumel and one in Roatan.

You might be surprised. We cruise for the ports. And having done ten cruises now, we've been to a lot of them. We just finished the Legend 7 day west itinerary and we both commented that we would pay extra if they skipped Belize altogether and spent more time in Roatan. Others I have talked to felt the same way. I know that the cruise line gets kick backs from the ports for stopping there, but it seems like they would also get more revenue by keeping people on the ship for an additional sea day. I much prefer 3 longer port days, versus 4 shorter ones on a 7 day cruise. I would also like to see more overnight port stays. I would seriously pay big dough for a 7 day cruise with two overnight stops, one in Cozumel and one in Roatan.

Then it's you and me against the world... Like you, most folks cruise for the ports... I cruise for the sea days...

I'd gladly do a seven day with only two ports but I wouldn't give up my nights at sea... well... perhaps one for an overnight but surely not two...

I would do a seven day cruise with two port days in a heartbeat!!! Two new ports, that is. I do love the sea days.

We just took a cruise from Hawaii (Celebrity) to New Zealand, stopping at Tahiti in between, and that was the most awesome itinerary (and cruise) we've ever had. Days and days of south Pacific sun, crossing the equator and time line.

Have to mention, though, that ports are important. We sailed Holiday once and the propulsion system was down, so we ended up cruising the Gulf of Mexico, 60 miles off shore, during the winter and it was not a fun cruise. Not without the sunshine, at least.

But yes, I am on the bandwagon with new ports, especially from northern FL, NOLA, Mobile, and Charleston.

Shay

I am really tired of the same old ports out of Galveston. Some places that ships have reached on a 3-port, 7 day cruise that are no longer available:

Costa Maya

Calica

Belize

Roatan

I KNOW all these ports can be hit with a 3 port, 7 day cruise, or a 2 port, 5 day cruise, in combination with the current offerings. So why aren't they?:

An itinerary that has two Bahamas ports and one US port once a month is a poor attempt at variety.

I love Carnival, but really, the Galveston options are really lacking!

I am really tired of the same old ports out of Galveston. Some places that ships have reached on a 3-port, 7 day cruise that are no longer available:

Costa Maya

Calica

Belize

Roatan

I KNOW all these ports can be hit with a 3 port, 7 day cruise, or a 2 port, 5 day cruise, in combination with the current offerings. So why aren't they?:

An itinerary that has two Bahamas ports and one US port once a month is a poor attempt at variety.

The answer is popularity... If Carnival was losing passengers because of the itinerary the itinerary would change.

Hello Soror tjeanty! :p

Then it's you and me against the world... Like you, most folks cruise for the ports... I cruise for the sea days...

I'd gladly do a seven day with only two ports but I wouldn't give up my nights at sea... well... perhaps one for an overnight but surely not two...

Mach I have to agree with you on this one. If they were the right ports, I would really enjoy the extra days at sea! Nothing more relaxing than a nice sea day.

Costa Maya

Calica

Belize

Roatan

At least Carnival hasn't bailed out of Galveston like every other cruise line. The only other cruise line that is there is RCI and they only sail in Galveston for 4 months out of the year.

I know that I would surely love to see an additional itinerary from the West Coast. Have done the Cabo - Ensenada route, will do the Catalina - Ensenada route 2x next year and in 2011, the Cabo - Puerto Vallerata - Manzillo route. Okay all done. Where to next? I would think that at least those on the East Coast (or TX, LA, AL) at least have other ports to sail out of with different options.

I think the new itinerary for Miracle sounds great. I was all ready to book yesterday, then I realized that the cruise I was looking for was for December 2010, not 2009. I wish it would change now. I have not been to any of those ports.

I know that I would surely love to see an additional itinerary from the West Coast. Have done the Cabo - Ensenada route, will do the Catalina - Ensenada route 2x next year and in 2011, the Cabo - Puerto Vallerata - Manzillo route. Okay all done. Where to next? I would think that at least those on the East Coast (or TX, LA, AL) at least have other ports to sail out of with different options.

There's the Spirit that goes to Acapulco, Zihuatenejo, and Manzanillo. This cruise leaves out of San Diego.

Bring back Grenada!

I sailed on a deep Caribbean itenirary in the late 90's that stopped in Martinique-a beautiful island.

Went to Santo Domingo-very historic, too far from good beaches.

Also stopped in Guadeloupe-cruise line got sooo many complaints it was dropped. Very rude to tourists, difficult to get around.

:) But Granada-that is a beautiful port!

Hello! You know, I really love Carnival, I really do. It's affordable, all while giving me a great vacation; HOWEVER, I would love for Carnival to add new ports of call like Martinique

Carnival used to go to Martinique (don't know if they still do, though). I went to Martinique aboard the Carnival Legend in Oct., 2006.

Archived