Carnival Valor Review (9/13-9/19 cruise) - Best Cruise Ever!

Beerse

Finally got a chance to provide a review on the forum that completely helped my husband and I plan our cruise last month. We've been back a month and I have to say I've had the hardest time coming back to reality.

The Carnival Valor is a beautiful ship. We had a balcony room on the 8th desk, our first balcony room, and I have to say I'll never go back. It was truly magnificant to be able to go out on the balcony and night and see the ocean lit up below... and the sound of the waves was the best sound ever!

We booked all of our excursions independent of Carnival, which saved us a ton of money and although I was nervous to deviate from the norm, it was so easy and well organized we had no issues. Our favorite islands were Hondurus and Belize. Very poor countries but also stunning if you are able to get away into the real parts of the islands. We went ziplining in Roatan, which was amazing and they took us to a private beach afterwards to swim. It was really hot and humid there so it was a nice way to end the day. In Belize, we went cavetubing, which I highly recommend as well. You will not be sorry you did it. :)

The food was awesome! Great selection for every taste so you never got bored. And the Supper Club, we went there twice for my husband's birthday and our anniversary and it was the most amazing meal I've ever had...twice! I highly recommend spending the extra money.

So overall, my review is that this cruise and internary is well worth it. This is our third cruise and the best one yet!

Thanks for your review of the Valor, We were on her Oct 4-11... Awesome Ship with some great service!! We had the best, I do mean BEST room steward ever! At first our head waiter was little side tracked by something and would have rather been anywhere except serving us, so after giving him 2 nights, we switched tables..(all 6 of us)..we try not to do this, but we gave him the benefit the first night..

Love the decor of the Valor, American theme..

I just realize today that we never got up to the sports deck..I always need a couple extra days to explore:p

Just booked this cruise for next May. It will be our first cat 11 suite.Really looking forward to it

The last two cruises we have done including the recent Dream inaugural have been in the Med and are delighted to be able to go back to the Caribbean.

Getting excited already,

No, just a mini fridge, you can order room service if you'd like.

Great to here you had a wonderful time . YES once you go balcony its very hard to go back. I have a question about the mini friges. do all the cabins have them ? we have been on many carnival cruises , but never the Valor, and we have never had a mini frig in our cabin except on the Destiny when we had a suite. Is this new ? I do like the idea .

Finally got a chance to provide a review on the forum that completely helped my husband and I plan our cruise last month. We've been back a month and I have to say I've had the hardest time coming back to reality.

The Carnival Valor is a beautiful ship. We had a balcony room on the 8th desk, our first balcony room, and I have to say I'll never go back. It was truly magnificant to be able to go out on the balcony and night and see the ocean lit up below... and the sound of the waves was the best sound ever!

We booked all of our excursions independent of Carnival, which saved us a ton of money and although I was nervous to deviate from the norm, it was so easy and well organized we had no issues. Our favorite islands were Hondurus and Belize. Very poor countries but also stunning if you are able to get away into the real parts of the islands. We went ziplining in Roatan, which was amazing and they took us to a private beach afterwards to swim. It was really hot and humid there so it was a nice way to end the day. In Belize, we went cavetubing, which I highly recommend as well. You will not be sorry you did it. :)

The food was awesome! Great selection for every taste so you never got bored. And the Supper Club, we went there twice for my husband's birthday and our anniversary and it was the most amazing meal I've ever had...twice! I highly recommend spending the extra money.

So overall, my review is that this cruise and internary is well worth it. This is our third cruise and the best one yet!

We are leaving on the Valor on Nov. 7th and cannot wait!! We havent been on a cruise in atleast 10 years. With that in mind I have a question about the cabins, we too have a balcony room on the 8th deck, and can you tell me what was in the room--other than the obvious (TV, Bed, closet...)? Is there a hair dryer or do I need to bring one? What else is supplied? Do we need to supply our own beach towels--especially for excursions? Is there anything you suggest we should definitely bring? Sorry just want to make sure I bring all of the right items:-)

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

We are leaving on the Valor on Nov. 7th and cannot wait!! We havent been on a cruise in atleast 10 years. With that in mind I have a question about the cabins, we too have a balcony room on the 8th deck, and can you tell me what was in the room--other than the obvious (TV, Bed, closet...)? Is there a hair dryer or do I need to bring one? What else is supplied? Do we need to supply our own beach towels--especially for excursions? Is there anything you suggest we should definitely bring? Sorry just want to make sure I bring all of the right items:-)

The cabins do have a hairdryer...BUT I always bring my own. The Carnival hairdryers' ON BUTTON has to be held in the ON position constantly for it to run. I have very long hair so that gets tiring....

Carnival will bring you each a BLUE beach towel. The cabin stewards will replace them with clean ones each day if you use them. DO NOT LOSE THEM...it will cost you $22 per towel.

Shampoo is supplied (but not conditioner). Soap (of course) is supplied.

I would bring some $1 dollar bills. I leave a few in the drawer to tip room service (which is free). And of course, you will need a few $1 to tip the porters when you give them your luggage.

I do a packing list and a LOADING list to make sure everything I packed gets loaded into the car.

Some quick tips....the sauna and steam rooms in the Spa are free. If you want to use a locker...those are free as well..but they will keep your Sail and Sign card until they get their key back. Men and women are separate...:(

If you like speciality coffees that cost more on the Promenade...you can get them for free in the Main Dining Room at any meal that the Dining Room is open. Expressos and Cappicinos. (alcohol does cost extra of course...if you want a Bailey's coffee)

Be sure to pop in on Kim in Karaoke and tell him his Cruise Mom says HI!

He is sooo much fun.

Be sure to give Play That (Lorna and Joel) a listen. They are the duo in the Atrium and they are great. Joel bills himself as the Jackie Chan of duos....

Have a GREAT cruise.....

Also...pop in and give RISE UP a listen. They are the band from the Phillipines playing in the Winston Cigar Bar on Deck 4 AFT.

Say hi to Abraham and the band from their newest "official" member......

:D

Cavetubing was with cavetubing dot com. Check them out on the ports of call section for Belize. We did the ATV/cavetubing combo. It was a 40 minute drive to the jungle, which really didn't feel that way at all given they entertained you the entire time. They are a great bunch of people and you felt very safe with them the entire time. We went ATVing through the jungle in the mud, which was awesome, and then went for a short 30 minute hike through the jungle to the portion of the river we were starting from. You are in the cave for 15 minutes in the pitch dark, but you do have head lamps so you just sit back, relax and enjoy the surroundings. I thought I would be freaked out by the darkness, but it was so incredible, I didn't have a chance to be freaked out at all. I highly recommend it!

Great to here you had a wonderful time . YES once you go balcony its very hard to go back. I have a question about the mini friges. do all the cabins have them ? we have been on many carnival cruises , but never the Valor, and we have never had a mini frig in our cabin except on the Destiny when we had a suite. Is this new ? I do like the idea .

Yes, there are mini fridges in the rooms. Your room steward asks you if you want them unlocked the first day. You only get charged for what you use, so they are prestocked with soda and select alchol. There's room for your own drinks as well.

Yes, there are mini fridges in the rooms. Your room steward asks you if you want them unlocked the first day. You only get charged for what you use, so they are prestocked with soda and select alchol. There's room for your own drinks as well.

Thanks !! thats an added bonus to have a mini fridge.

Your not leaving on the Valor on the 7th bc the valor is at sea on the 7th and doesn't return until the 8th.....your ticker at the bottom has the right date but I just wanted to make sure you are not confused....... I'll be on the Valor on the 7th

The Valor is still our favourite ship, and vacation!!:)

I am going on the Valor 11/22/09...can't wait. Our 3rd cruise..first for Carnival. Question..my girls want to get their hair braided..do they do this on the ship or should we wait for the islands. Any suggestions on where to go..must be clean of course.:)

Sorry don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to make sure you've joined our roll call and know about the meet & greet. See you soon.

• 2 months later...

We are going on the Valor the 4th of April. Was wondering if you had any tips or hints on the excursions you took. We have two families going and would like to book our excursions the way you did it.

Thanks Tess

Archived