cirque dream

mttwinmom

does anyone know if the cirque dream show on the epic is the same show that is touring around the country now. There is a show called cirque dream illumination that is coming to my city next month, just curious if it's from the same group.

does anyone know if the cirque dream show on the epic is the same show that is touring around the country now. There is a show called cirque dream illumination that is coming to my city next month, just curious if it's from the same group.

Same production company but not the same show as planned for the Epic. They have a number of different shows and I expect the one on the ship to be unique.

http://www.cirqueproductions.com/

I have never seen any of the Cirque Dream productions, other than video's on youtube. Will the show onboard the Epic be the first dinner show production? If so, than the version onboard the Epic would have to be especially created for the Epic, making it different from the rest.

I think it's great and I can't wait until I book my cruise on EPIC.

I keep thinking that the Cirque show will be quite different on board...can you imagine how the performers will have to adjust to the movement on the ship?

I saw a floor show once on a MR cruise and the ship was moving so much that there was only one couple besides me in the lounge, and whenever I tell the story I comment on how impressed I was with the show considering what a challenge it was to just stand up, let alone dance. That ship was a lot smaller and more affected by the ocean conditions, but even with greater size and modern stabilizers, I'm sure doing balance acts on a moving vessel will prove challenging. If anyone can adjust, though, I'm sure acrobats/dancers talented enough to do a Cirque show will be able to! :)

• 3 weeks later...

First the original & greatest with Cirque du Solel, then the American version of Cirque Dreams, now Cirque D Or is advertising shows on TV. They are China's Golden Dragon acrobats and plan to give everyone a run for their money. But not on Epic! Bit I bet RCCL will go for them to match NCL.

Last night my family and I went to cirque dreams illumintion in our hometown. It was a really great show, very high energy. In the program there was a paragragh talking about their company joining the Epic this summer. Based on the show last night, it should be favorite!

• 1 month later...

was in CLE at Playhouse Square. Very good show. Cirque Dreams is touring as is another of their shows.. I believe the show for Epic is a different troupe. Interesting that Epic will have wine stored in the ceiling & Cirque will slide or fly down to serve it to tables who order it, as Mandalay Bay Angels do at their restaurant. Amazing that they want $15 and the Legends in Concert show in Mahattan Restaurant is FREE, so far.

• 1 month later...
i am scared now with all this talk about "movement" on board. :(

will it be that bad that performers won't even be able to stand up and perform a routine? now i fear i will be puking the entire trip if the boat rocks that much! :( :(

:confused: All the reports from those onboard for the sea trial are exactly the opposite. Here is one:

Originally Posted by Sea-trial viewpost.gif

Just off sea-trial and must say I was well impressed with the comfort on board

Even as the ship was being put through its paces at no time did I feel it was uncomfortable

At max speed in a straight line it was as smooth as a baby..

i am scared now with all this talk about "movement" on board. :(

will it be that bad that performers won't even be able to stand up and perform a routine? now i fear i will be puking the entire trip if the boat rocks that much! :( :(

You can try using the patch or those magnetic bracelets, I've heard that they do work.

I've had good experience with ginger pills, start taking about 3 a day about a week before your trip and while aboard and you should be okay. I was perfectly fine while staying in a deck 11 aft mini-suite while everyone else in my party got sick when the seas reached 16-19ft.

Not to mention that those ginger pills are actually good for your body. :D

Archived